Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #181
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancbzero View Post
I click your link but it go to wap site . I did found fw
2017019916 but it is test fw, i not test update now because i don't have PC here.
In my boyue, i often use Alreader for prc, epub file, and perfect viewer for pdf. It have many customizations for me
I don't understand what you are talking about this is the page I get when I select D. And the blue button starts the download. As you can see it is

Version: T62D-20161119
File size: 297MB
Release time: November 19, 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	720
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	156154
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:22 AM   #182
tancbzero
tancbzero began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I don't understand what you are talking about this is the page I get when I select D. And the blue button starts the download. As you can see it is

Version: T62D-20161119
File size: 297MB
Release time: November 19, 2016

Attachment 156154
Sorry, yesterday i don't have laptop,i did used smartphone go to link and it auto go to http://m.boyue.com/wap.aspx . Today i use laptop and i did see link download, thank you for support
tancbzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 AM   #183
SlantedChanter
SlantedChanter began at the beginning.

Onyx on t63/JDREAD + help with english firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks for this.

In spite of a couple of minor glitches, I'm pleased with the Boyue ROM on my T63. Out of curiosity, is there a Gonyx ROM available for the T63? I had one on my T62+ that worked well. Since I have TWRP on my T63, I can experiment but easily go back to the Boyue ROM if something doesn't work right.
This page has some baidu links for Onyx software modified for the T63. I tried 1.8 and 1.75, which both worked fine but do not include the play store. After a lot of fiddling using the various tips on the forum I still could not get the play store to fully work. I could log in with google services and search the store but nothing would download.

What would be VERY helpful is an img/zip of the english firmware that banggood loads. I couldn't find it anywhere. Also, most of the chinese versions of the official hardware seem to have debugging disabled so can't be used with adb easily. I had to find an early zip of the Chinese firmware to finally be able to use adb commands.

Note: the firmware that allows debugging may not automatically have debugging activated. I had to go to the SD card page of the settings menu and tap the "total capacity" number until debugging was turned on.

Last edited by SlantedChanter; 04-16-2017 at 05:17 AM.
SlantedChanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #184
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantedChanter View Post
This page has some baidu links for Onyx software modified for the T63. I tried 1.8 and 1.75, which both worked fine but do not include the play store. After a lot of fiddling using the various tips on the forum I still could not get the play store to fully work. I could log in with google services and search the store but nothing would download.
Did you try the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit? I didn't use the supplied bat-file as I don't have a Windows machine, but I've used the adb commands from that script on my Mac and it got the original BangGood-supplied firmware to properly work with Play Market. I might have also installed Market Helper, on top of the 4 Google*.apk and Phonesky.apk.

Quote:
What would be VERY helpful is an img/zip of the english firmware that banggood loads. I couldn't find it anywhere.
Did you ask BangGood for it?

Quote:
Also, most of the chinese versions of the official hardware seem to have debugging disabled so can't be used with adb easily. I had to find an early zip of the Chinese firmware to finally be able to use adb commands.
Can you confirm the exact version of the Chinese firmware which still allows adb to be enabled? On the later versions with debugging disabled -- did you try the 7-tap trick to bring the developer menu up?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:11 AM   #185
SlantedChanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Did you try the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit? I didn't use the supplied bat-file as I don't have a Windows machine, but I've used the adb commands from that script on my Mac and it got the original BangGood-supplied firmware to properly work with Play Market. I might have also installed Market Helper, on top of the 4 Google*.apk and Phonesky.apk.
Yes, used the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit on my Mac using bootcamp. I couldn't get the t63 to be recognized with the "adb devices" command, by the toolkit, or by the RKbatchtool. I could enter a recovery mode on the T63 by holding down power and page right for 10 seconds. This gives a screen with a single icon (I think an exclamation point in a triangle). Then "ADB devices" recognized the device, but no other commands worked.

I could never get the RKBatchtool to recognize the t63 so I used "RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows - AndroidTool v2.1" instead. It recognized the t63 on any firmware that had debugging/adb access so I used that to flash different firmware images.

Quote:
Can you confirm the exact version of the Chinese firmware which still allows adb to be enabled? On the later versions with debugging disabled -- did you try the 7-tap trick to bring the developer menu up?
Sorry, I lost track - It was one of the earliest 2016 versions, probably from April.

There is also a modified image of the September software that is rooted and has debugging enabled automatically. There's a link to the baidu page at the bottom of this page (along with a link to the latest modified Onyx image).

The normal android 7-tap method never worked. On the earliest Chinese firmware you can enable debugging by going to the SD storage page in settings and tapping the "total storage" number of the internal SD card repeatedly. That will eventually bring up a small black text box informing you that debugging is enabled (I assume, it was in Chinese and only appears for 1 second). Then ADB commands work and the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit works--except the play store install, I did that manually using the files included in the toolkit. I never found a way to enable any other developer menu.

Quote:
Did you ask BangGood for it?
I didn't buy my t63 from BangGood. Maybe it would be better for a customer to ask them for this?

Last edited by SlantedChanter; 04-16-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:51 AM   #186
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Yes, used the T6x_Ereader_toolsKit on my Mac using bootcamp. I couldn't get the t63 to be recognized with the "adb devices" command, by the toolkit, or by the RKbatchtool.
Could it be the bootcamp install lacking some drivers or something? You don't have to boot into Windows to use adb (I never have), there're platform_tools binaries available for Mac as well.

Quote:
I didn't buy my t63 from BangGood. Maybe it would be better for a customer to ask them for this?
I'll ask them and post back if they provide the link.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:20 AM   #187
SlantedChanter

Quote:
Could it be the bootcamp install lacking some drivers or something? You don't have to boot into Windows to use adb (I never have), there're platform_tools binaries available for Mac as well.
I wondered about that, but I tried "adb devices" and a few other adb commands through the Mac terminal too and had the same issues with all of the more recent official firmware versions.

Quote:
I'll ask them and post back if they provide the link.
That would be great, thanks!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #188
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
The only problem that I have is that coolreader does not auto detect this firmware as eink
CoolReader is opensource so it's easy to fix this - set DeviceInfo.EINK_SCREEN to true and recompile. Actualy I can make it for you but I would need following informations to properly identify the device:
MODEL, MANUFACTURER, DEVICE, BRAND (for example Device Info app can show it).
But with my custom version you would also get some other modifications. For example full refresh after every page - this may be anoying for some but eliminates ghosting. Even with night mode.

Quote:
so a few options seem to be missing.
For e ink devices CoolReader mostly removes options. I think the only ones added are for Nook and Tolino. But you get default values adjusted for e ink.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #189
Trel
Connoisseur
Trel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
edit: nvm

Last edited by Trel; 05-30-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Trel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #190
tyler_btboy
tyler_btboy began at the beginning.

Device: t62+
@FOV
I installed T62D-175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z on my T62+. I love the rom, but only thing bothering me is that, the device has irregular timings for sleep and shutdown and sometimes it doesn't even shutdown. After every restart I have to go to the settings again to set the timer because it keeps changing back. Any solutions?
tyler_btboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:09 AM   #191
DaBook
DaBook began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_btboy View Post
@FOV
I installed T62D-175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z on my T62+. I love the rom, but only thing bothering me is that, the device has irregular timings for sleep and shutdown and sometimes it doesn't even shutdown. After every restart I have to go to the settings again to set the timer because it keeps changing back. Any solutions?
Where did you get that image?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
DaBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #192
tyler_btboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBook View Post
Where did you get that image?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I found it here.
https://www.4shared.com/folder/PT9w4...sortsMode=NAME

It was linked in another forum by FOV. If you flash this please confirm if you face similar issues with shutdown timings after activating all services.

Last edited by tyler_btboy; 06-30-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #193
tyler_btboy

Never mind. I used titanium backup to delete some apps which were part of this rom. After I deleted all those apps, the sleep timings and shutdown timer are working as intended. Thanks for the awesome rom FOV.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #194
oligneisti
oligneisti began at the beginning.

I was using the Kindle app to read comics on my Boyue T62D and wanted to change the volume keys setting so the page turn buttons would work but it didn't work with the original firmware. I updated the firmware and now it is much easier to read Bone.

So, what I really wanted to say: Thanks.

oligneisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #195
tyler_btboy

@FOV, I wanted to thank you again for all the wonderful roms you have compiled for the devices. Just wondering if any new roms can be expected for T62D. I'm on T62D-175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z right now, and it's perfect, but would be awesome if something new can be experienced.