Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Mousebumples
Mousebumples began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android
[Android] Micro USB Cable transfers not working

I've been using Calibre and Calibre Companion for ages, and I'd recently sent books over to Calibre Companion (from Calibre) using the micro USB cable for my phone, after clearing out and changing up my micro-SD card. However, when I load up Calibre Companion, nothing shows in my library. I'm able to "set the library folder" in settings, and the books seem to appear there, but they are greyed out and not recognized/loaded into the Calibre Companion itself.

I'm currently moving over the books again, via a Wireless Device connection, but this seems like a possible bug.
Mousebumples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Transferring books to CC using a cabled connection has never worked, with two exceptions:
  • If you transfer epubs to CC's epub storage folder using a cable then subsequently connect as a wireless device, CC will attempt to match the books to the calibre library. This usually works if the books were transferred using calibre's send-to-(folder-)device or save-to-disk commands. It usually does not work if the books are simply copied from calibre's storage folders. It almost never works for books other than epubs. See the FAQ I have books on my device that don’t show up in CC. How do I fix this? for more information.
  • If you transfer a complete calibre library including the metadata.db file to the device then you can use CC's "Local cloud connection" to open that library and copy books to the local CC library. See the FAQ [Android] I have a copy of a calibre library on an SD card. Can CC use it? for more information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
Mousebumples
Mousebumples began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android
Ah, fair enough. I appreciate the response, and the Wifi sending of the files resolved the previous issue.
Mousebumples is offline   Reply With Quote