Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
RKnack
Enthusiast
RKnack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350 (deceased)
PRS-350 display went nuts...

My parents got me a PRS-350 as a belated Christmas/early birthday present. I went to turn it on (take it off standby) tonight to read my kids a bedtime story, and the displayed image sort of shattered and turned into an abstract-looking grid that would have made Picasso proud. I tried pressing the "reset" (using a paperclip), but no dice. I can see bits and pieces of the menu, and text, along with pieces of the "standby" picture, but nothing useful. Is there any way to fix this myself, or do I have to get it repaired?
RKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I'm afraid it sounds like a textbook case of shattered substrate. I think your best bet is to have it repaired or replaced.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
http://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/thread/115064

Try this (see above) - (assuming this isn't what you did already). It will reset your reader so you'll have to put the books back on - assuming it fixes the issue.

Best of luck
RajS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Sounds like a broken screen... Can you post a pic?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote