Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbjons View Post
Just tilting?
Just tilting.
In the right direction.
More than a user-specified angle.
It sounds like a gimmick but it works.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbjons View Post
Just tilting?
20 degrees, at least.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
You can see here:
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #19
jonsbjons
Connoisseur
jonsbjons doesn't litterjonsbjons doesn't litter

Device: PBook301
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Just tilting.
In the right direction.
More than a user-specified angle.
It sounds like a gimmick but it works.
The concept is simple
In fact, like a gimmick!
jonsbjons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
jonsbjons
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
20 degrees, at least.
Wow! A little secret known only to the initiated
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #21
jonsbjons
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
You can see here
Wow! It's really works!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #22
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The new custom FBReader software has added yet another way: no buttons, no tilts. You just set up the time between automatic page turns and you're good to go. Useful for speed reading and for people who can't give much use to their hands.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #23
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
THe button click noise is not as annoying as the fact that pressing a button (especially the large wing) requires force. Is it normal or is it just the newness of the device (I got it for half a day now)? It's very inconvenient and annoying especially when you are reading with one hand. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Please help.
Thanks
Anne
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #24
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've had mine for a couple of weeks and mine's fairly hard to push, too. I use the centre button more than the wings, but I did think it was a little stiff. Certainly not something I'm overly concerned about, though. I can still read one handed.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #25
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
THe button click noise is not as annoying as the fact that pressing a button (especially the large wing) requires force. Is it normal or is it just the newness of the device (I got it for half a day now)? It's very inconvenient and annoying especially when you are reading with one hand. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Please help.
Thanks
Anne
Hi Anne

Yes, it can be quite hard to push the wing buttons if you are not used to it. Here's a little tip: Try to push the wing buttons near the joystick, as far to the right as you can (if you're holding the 360° in a righthanded way). That's the easiest way to push the buttons. It's quite hard to nearly impossible if you use the smaller parts of the "wing".
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #26
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Thank you mtravellerh, IndecisiveMe. I kind of figure it out that pushing the bigger part is easier due to the law of physics. But goodness even the metal ring surround the central button is stiff comparing to my Prs-505. SO I wonder if with longer use, the central joypad buttons will soften down a bit.

Thanks
Anne
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #27
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I have the theory that since pushing them softens them down, they make the buttons a bit stiff on purpose, so that with some usage and some self-adapting it will make them more comfortable. The buttons of test models in shops felt stiff as well when I was looking for one in shops.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I have the theory that since pushing them softens them down, they make the buttons a bit stiff on purpose, so that with some usage and some self-adapting it will make them more comfortable. The buttons of test models in shops felt stiff as well when I was looking for one in shops.
Uh, I have had the 360 for quite a while now and pushing the wing buttons is not hard at all (anymore). The Joystick is still a bit sharp, so I use my nails for that. I seriously do not think about the navigation anymore. The only thing that I would change is make the joystick a bit easier to handle and making it a bit broader.