Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
EdJonesBGJ
EdJonesBGJ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Books app on IPad

Books app on IPad - Hopefully this is the right forum for this post...!
1. Running Windows 10 Pro - reading with BOOKS on ipad - converting with EPUBOR

2. PROBLEM: all books (KINDLE) are converted to ePUB with no issues.
3. When connecting iPad to import to BOOKS - most all import with no problem
4. However, there are several books for which the option to import to BOOKS is not available...
5. BOOKS is not in the list to import to and I don't see a way to add it...

What am I missing here...
Your input is appreciated...
Thanks
Ed
EdJonesBGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:16 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Why not use just another app that can read ePub? The iPad books app is so limited compared to many others.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
EdJonesBGJ

I would but i have so many books there - is there a method of transferring the Books DataBase to another reader and which is the recommended app...?
thanks
ed
Old 02-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Most of us use Calibre to manage our book collections, and then send to whichever reader, or download to whichever reader we wish to use. I have a current preference for Hyphen reader, others like Marvin, or Mapleread. But in general, the reader is not the book manager.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Of course checking another ePub reading app to see if they can handle the files Books cannot would be the first thing to check. Perhaps the conversion was not successful.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
EdJonesBGJ

I ran the conversion twice and Calibre itself give me a "not convertable" message...
Please see attachment...
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Message.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	435.7 KB
ID:	177077  
Old 02-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesBGJ View Post
I ran the conversion twice and Calibre itself give me a "not convertable" message...
Please see attachment...
Ed
Conversion can't happen until the DRM is removed. Open discussion and instructions about DRM removable isn't permitted on Mobile Read.

Google "Apprentice Alf" for more details.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote