Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #1
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Voyage frontlight and ~ds

I've always jailbroken my kindles and used the personal screensavers, fonts, KUAL (and am so appreciative of the hard work that goes into those!) so have been hesitant to get a Voyage, but I thought I had it figured out. With Calibre and css for embedding fonts, margins and justification, font ramp and ~ds, I decided I could be happy with a Voyage without personal screensavers. The one thing I didn't count on was that the PW2 I was using reacts differently to ~ds. It shuts off the frontlight, leaving the reading page showing on the screen and goes to sleep. The Voyage, of course, leaves the light on forever. :| What I'm wondering is if anyone has a suggestion for making the light turn off after a timeout with the screensaver disabled. I'm assuming not since they seem to be linked on the Voyage, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I fall asleep reading and hate waking up two hours later to find the light still on. I also hate waking up and having to look at the Amazon screensavers, not to mention using that on/off button on the back under the Origami front cover, but that's another problem. And no, I'm not brave enough to try the JB with serial port. At least not yet. I'm old and timid. Thanks for any feedback!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote