Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
ynot
ynot began at the beginning.

Device: nook 3g+wifi
I'm getting a new 3G+wifi. 2 questions, please

I'm replacing my old nook 3G+ wifi.

Do the new ones still have batteries that can be replaced by the owner?

How do you add to the memory on the new ones?

In my old one (ser#1001xxxxxxx) you had to remove the back and insert a SD micro chip under a little gate that folds up and down.

Thanks.
ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
The physical design of the e-ink Nook hasn't changed. The only difference to the newer serial numbers that I'm aware of is in how hard it is to root.

I had to RMA my old 3G...the new one is a much newer SN# and I find the touch screen is less responsive...but that's probably just a quality control type issue.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Green Monkey is right. The battery is still replaceble and the sd card slot is still in the same place. I also find the touchscreen to be less responsive (compared to the touchscreen of a nook I played with in Barnes & Noble last year).
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote