Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #61
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
If anyone still has the credit, can you check and see if The Big Rock Candy Mountain qualifies? MSRP $14.99, on sale for $4.99. Publisher is Penguin Books.

I already bought the book. I'm just curious.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #62
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have 2 cents left this ebook doesn't seem to work .... ZodWallop
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I have 2 cents left this ebook doesn't seem to work .... ZodWallop
Okay. At least I don't have to be jealous of you guys that still have the credit!

Thank you!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #64
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Your Welcome hahaha
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #65
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And it seems to be baaaaack again....

This time I noticed a tiny tiny little notice on a webpage for a book I was looking at that said:

Quote:
Save $5 on select Kindle books
Get $5 in Kindle book credit for select titles by top authors when you purchase this eBook. Learn more
It was just a little header and those two short sentences, about halfway down on the page for the book I was looking at, just above the "Editorial Reviews" section.

When I clicked on the "Learn more" link, this is what came up:

Spoiler:
Quote:
• This offer is by invitation only. • This is a limited time offer. • Offer limited to one per customer and account. • To receive a promotional credit, you must purchase an eBook by the specified author. You will then receive a promotional credit, and this credit will be automatically applied to your next Kindle eBook purchase. • Only select Kindle eBooks sold on Amazon.com are eligible for this credit. • Offer can be used on multiple eBooks, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of $10.00 USD. • Offer applies only to select Kindle eBooks made available through Amazon.com. • Offer can only apply to 1 unit in a bulk order purchase. • Offer does not apply to physical goods, digital magazines, audiobooks (including Audible companions for your Kindle eBook purchase), print books, or digital subscriptions such as Kindle Unlimited. • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. • Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. • Promotional offer expires 7 days after it is applied to the customer account. • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. • Amazon.com reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time. • If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.

These look identical to the T&Cs that @tch65721 found back in August: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3881858

It looks like two uses of the $5 this time, so up to $10. And if it behaves as before, the credit will only apply to some Penguin/RH books with list prices of $9.99 or higher, but will also apply to those books if they happen to go on sale for less during the 7 days the credit is valid.

Oh, and BTW, the book I was looking at was The Price of Civilization: Reawakening American Virtue and Prosperity, by Jeffrey D. Sachs: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KPM1FS. And, just like the previous times with this credit, it is a Penguin/Random House title - Random House LLC in this case.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it, because it has been on sale for a lot less in the past, but quite long ago (2017). Anyway, if I do, or if I find other titles with this little link that seem as if they might trigger the credit, I'll post them here.

And if anyone finds good books that the credit will work on, please post them here too!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #66
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Perhaps Bezos has an overdue light bill he needs to pay.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #67
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This offer popped up on a book on my wishlist yesterday, so I bit. The same deal - $5 maximum credit on one book up to $10 total. While the book I bought showed up in my account right away, the order showed as pending all day yesterday. It's finally showing as purchased, but I've got nothing at all from Amazon about the credit or how/where to apply it. I checked on PRC book and it's not there.

To people who've got this offer in the past (I never have), how long did it take to be activated?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #68
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This offer popped up on a book on my wishlist yesterday, so I bit. The same deal - $5 maximum credit on one book up to $10 total. While the book I bought showed up in my account right away, the order showed as pending all day yesterday. It's finally showing as purchased, but I've got nothing at all from Amazon about the credit or how/where to apply it. I checked on PRC book and it's not there.

To people who've got this offer in the past (I never have), how long did it take to be activated?
I don't remember the details, but for me, the credit was applied to the wishlist book itself at purchase. I might have had to find a link on the book product page to activate the credit before clicking buy.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #69
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Same for me - it was applied to the book(s) I bought.

The first time I got it, I could use it three times, and if the book was a book that was normally priced above $9.99, but was temporarily on sale for less than $5, I ended up with the book for free, and a partial remaining credit to use on another eligible book. So all in all, it was worth $15 to me.

I did not have to use it on the title it was "officially" offered on, but it was limited to some Penguin/Random House/subsidiary imprints, but not all of Pen/RH/subs. It was sort of hit or miss - there was no list. And the title had to have a high enough list price, so didn't work on old-ish backlist at $6.99 or $7.99.

The second time I got it, I could only use it twice, so it ended up being worth $10. I've only gotten it twice.

Both times I was able to find enough books, either on sale, or non-fiction that I wanted, to fully use the credit(s) without stretching too hard.

I don't think I had to activate, because the first time I remember it surprised me, because I think it just showed up as a credit in the little price box on the right - but I am NOT positive on the activation thing.

I did eventually get an email announcing the offer each time, but long after it showed up on my Kindle webpage.

ADD: Now that I think about it a bit more, I think I had to buy one book to "kick off" the credit, and then the credit appeared on subsequent eligible titles, over in the little pricing box. And I think the first time, I had bought a "kick-off" title just by chance, and so was really surprised when the credit showed up on other titles.

It's a really weird and bizarre program. If you check back in this thread, you can see much agonizing about it, and someone posted the official terms/conditions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I don't remember the details, but for me, the credit was applied to the wishlist book itself at purchase. I might have had to find a link on the book product page to activate the credit before clicking buy.

Last edited by sufue; 12-10-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added more info
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #70
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've attached a screenshot of the relevant part of the purchase page of the original book. All it says is that I have to buy the book to trigger the credit. As I've said, the purchase was pending for a long time and I've got nothing about the permissible titles and authors or conditions. I did look at one PRC book and it obviously wasn't being applied.

I'll root around a bit. But if I can't find anything which will show the credit, I'll return the book. It had come down in price, but was still more than I'm willing to pay for it absent the credit.

I'm getting tired of Amazon promotions blowing up on me.

Thanks for the responses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191209-185948.png
Views:	216
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	175512  
Old 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #71
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've attached a screenshot of the relevant part of the purchase page of the original book. All it says is that I have to buy the book to trigger the credit. As I've said, the purchase was pending for a long time and I've got nothing about the permissible titles and authors or conditions. I did look at one PRC book and it obviously wasn't being applied.

I'll root around a bit. But if I can't find anything which will show the credit, I'll return the book. It had come down in price, but was still more than I'm willing to pay for it absent the credit.

I'm getting tired of Amazon promotions blowing up on me.

Thanks for the responses.

The same thing happened to me last time - I saw the line about buy this and get the credit, but if you didn’t get the “invitation” as per the fine print that pops up when you click on learn more, no credit. I didn’t return the book or pursue it with Customer Service, but it is annoying to say the least.
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #72
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
The same thing happened to me last time - I saw the line about buy this and get the credit, but if you didn’t get the “invitation” as per the fine print that pops up when you click on learn more, no credit. I didn’t return the book or pursue it with Customer Service, but it is annoying to say the least.
Oho! Thank you. That answers that issue.

It's outrageously deceptive, especially since the text on the item page only says, "Get $5 in Kindle credit when you buy this book. I'll also note that while the purchase was pending, it included some text about relevant gift credit being applied to the account once it was processed.

Well, back it goes. I wouldn't keep it even if I wanted it; I don't like feeling as if I had been played. Yeah, I know, Jeff is crying all the way to the bank.