Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #496
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblatt View Post
hi i wish both android and ios had these feathers
Editing book info
Syncing between Devices in cc
a ereader
CC will never offer a book reader app. There are too many good ones already out there. Attempting to provide an internal reader anywhere near as good would require a tremendous amount of time and money that we would never earn back.

The same is true for syncing between CC instances. CC is designed to sync with calibre. Doing anything else would be a different app.

As for editing book info, I recently discussed that topic in another thread. What I said there was
Quote:
For a variety of reasons related to complexity, performance, development time, and correctness, adding up-syncing of metadata changes won't happen in the current CC + calibre.

On the other hand, Kovid is looking at how to solve a similar problem with the new content server, permitting metadata changes on a "slave" server and syncing the changes back to a "master" server. Depending on where he goes with the idea (if anywhere) then CC might be able to tag along, but if so then there is a very high probability that the work would happen in Android CC (which I also maintain).

Kovid is also looking at editing metadata via the "master" content server. As before, depending on what he ends up doing, CC might be able to tag along by offering some user interface to talk to the running content server.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #497
Rattor
Rattor began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
I created this thread before I saw this post, but I'd like to add this to the wishlist if it's not already possible.

Basically, I'd like the option to connect to a content server without WiFi having to be active and connected. I have a VPN that allows me to me put my devices on my home network when I'm out and about, and sometimes I find myself wanting to download a new ebook, but I can't seem to do this with CC because it won't even attempt a connection until WiFi is on and connected.

EDIT: Solution provided in the thread above by the amazing chaley.

Last edited by Rattor; 07-26-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Rattor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #498
thodin
thodin began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX Boox Max Carta
It would be great to have a possibility to scroll books in Content server view with on-screen buttons and/or with volume buttons:

I have e-ink reader (Onyx boox max carta) and it's screen is pretty slow so scrolling with stylus is real pain. It has dedicated scrolling buttons but they act as volume buttons in CC.

I hope that adding on-screen buttons to that mode could be done easily, but option to use volume buttons for scrolling (in any mode) - would be also great.
thodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #499
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodin View Post
It would be great to have a possibility to scroll books in Content server view with on-screen buttons and/or with volume buttons:

I have e-ink reader (Onyx boox max carta) and it's screen is pretty slow so scrolling with stylus is real pain. It has dedicated scrolling buttons but they act as volume buttons in CC.

I hope that adding on-screen buttons to that mode could be done easily, but option to use volume buttons for scrolling (in any mode) - would be also great.
I will add the on-screen buttons that are currently on the list/grid view to both the content server and cloud connections. The one option, Settings / Customize the book list / Show paging buttons will control whether the buttons appear in all the screens.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:15 AM   #500
msimeon
msimeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Smile Hierarchical grouping

When I group books by author and then display the list of books for a given author, I can sort the list say by series. I would be nice to be able to display two levels of grouping, as a tree:
Authors
Author A
Series 1
Series 2
and then be able to display only the books in a given series

I am new to Calibre Companion, so it might be already possible (how ???) but if not please add it to the wish list
msimeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #501
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msimeon View Post
When I group books by author and then display the list of books for a given author, I can sort the list say by series. I would be nice to be able to display two levels of grouping, as a tree:
Authors
Author A
Series 1
Series 2
and then be able to display only the books in a given series

I am new to Calibre Companion, so it might be already possible (how ???) but if not please add it to the wish list
Moderator Notice
Copied to its own thread
Old 09-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #502
molove
molove began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro +
Would it be possible to add Mega as a cloud provider for Calibre Companion?

Thanks
molove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #503
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Would it be possible to back up/restore settings to a cloud storage provider? For example, I know Moon+ Reader allows back up and/or restore to the sdcard, dropbox, or gdrive. Thanks!
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #504
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molove View Post
Would it be possible to add Mega as a cloud provider for Calibre Companion?

Thanks
Sorry, no. CC requires that the cloud provider support OAUTH for login. Mega does not.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #505
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Would it be possible to back up/restore settings to a cloud storage provider? For example, I know Moon+ Reader allows back up and/or restore to the sdcard, dropbox, or gdrive. Thanks!
Cloud backup isn't something I want to add to CC.

I solve the problem by putting the backup file into a folder that is automatically synced to the cloud. I use Dropsync for this with Dropbox. The same people make a sync program for Google Drive and OneDrive.

As for SD cards: I am considering that but there are problems. It doesn't seem that I can open a ZIP file using the Storage Access Framework, so I would need to create the file then copy it. For the moment I suggest that you use a file manager to move the backup file after CC creates it. Note that some file managers have cloud support, so could be used to move the CC backup to/from the cloud.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:40 AM   #506
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for the link!
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #507
KamenoHayasa
KamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and graceKamenoHayasa herds cats with both ease and grace

Location: They'd call me froggy but I hate eating frogs... T_T Yuck !
Device: PC and I'd love a kobo later on.
Hi,
So I'm here because of another software but I saw the forum and I thought like "is it the app I installed and uninstalled a few seconds later just because it can't open documents right from the device?".
You should make your app able to read epubs from the device because that's a common way to work with files. I don't want to link to any online service right now.
Regards,
KamenoHayasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #508
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenoHayasa View Post
You should make your app able to read epubs from the device because that's a common way to work with files. I don't want to link to any online service right now.
CC is not an ereader app it is more of a library management / organizer app, so when it opens an epub it seamlessly hands the epub to your ereader app of choice to be opened. There is no linking to any online service required.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #509
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenoHayasa View Post
You don't have to link to any online device, you can use calibre wireless device or calibre content server. CC is not a file explore, it needs a calibre database. So no, CC doesn't work with files but books in calibre.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 AM   #510
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
Could you please add:
1- backup of setting to google (google play games method) as Yatse app do for example, it is quick, easy and seamless in backup and restore, just choose to backup or just choose to restore Done !!!
2-multiuser support and switch in app as we may make (virtual users) in content server, each with its own libraries and preferences and prefered parts of library (more flexibility)
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote