Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Change in number of chapters

I originally downloaded version 0.7.13 and converted one odt file - or I might have converted it to doc first - to epub using Calibre. It gave me output consisting of 70 xhtml files, one for each chapter, which had names of the format partn.xhtml where n was a chapter number.

The next time I made a conversion I was using an updated version, and suddenly my 70 chapters had become 84 documents, with names of the format index_split_000.xhtml up to index_split_084.xhtml. Chapter 53 had suddenly become several chapters long.

It happens that this time I tested the debug function, and I can see under the Parsed folder that, whilst most paragraphs are marked <p class="P-P15">, the ones where the breaks appear are marked <p class="P-P7"> and <p class="P-P8">, both of which include auto page breaks. This chapter in the original document has not been changed between runs, and I can see no difference between the paragraphs in question and the surrounding ones. I've checked the area in Open Office, with View/Non-printing Characters, and there is just the usual paragraph mark at the end of each.

I have since tested 0.7.13 again, and this, too, now gives me the anomalous behaviour.

Any idea why this may be happening?

TIA
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The value of the chapter detection setting or insert page breaks before setting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The value of the chapter detection setting or insert page breaks before setting.
Converting it from odt to rtf first in Open Office fixed it. But thanks anyway. Couldn't see anything in the chapter detection settings - they were as default.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote