Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Spectra Electronics Readeee

I stumbled upon this reader awhile ago on Teknikmagasinet's homepage. I assumed that it was just another cheap, chinese knock-off. Turns out, I was wrong. (At least about the chinese knock-off part.).

It was developed by a swedish company (!).
Price: 1800 SEK ( roughly 180 euro, and 250 dollar). Which makes it the cheapest e-reader available in Sweden

Display: 6 inches Electronic Paper Display
Resolution: 600x800 pixels (16 grey tones)
Processor: Samsung S3C2440
RAM : 64 MB SDRAM
Battery: 1700mAh/3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
Adapter: DC5V 800mA
Supported Text Formats: PDF, CHM, PUB, TXT, TM, HTML, RTF, DB, DJVU,
DJV, iw44, iw4, FB2, OEB, PRC, MOBI, TCR, OPF
Supported Audio Formats: MP3 (32kbps-384kbps)
Supported Image Formats: JPEG, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP
Expandable Memory: SD Card/ MMC
Supported Languages: Russian, Spanish, Netherlands, English (UK),
English (US), French, Deutsch, Italian, Portugues,
Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish.
Dimensions: 178(l) x128.4 (w) x 9.9(h) mm
Weight: 228g

So, have anyone heard about it? And tested it?
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
One of our members seems to have one judging by this thread. Maybe you could PM him/her?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
That's the Oaxis OEM.

Lots of reincarnations in other European countries
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
emvie
emvie began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Cover Story
I'm a Readee owner!

Hi!

I've had my Readee for about 3 weeks now. I love it BUT...the screen sometimes freeze up on me and that's very frustrating. The first one I bought I actually returned since I could't get it started again. Tried everyting. Even the guy at Teknikmagasinet looked confused. Now my second is acting up and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. The most frustrating part is that I can't seem to find any on-line support for it either. Sigh!!

Apparently they will release some new firmware around September 25, perhaps that will solve my problem.

Love the size, it's lightweight and everything but I think I've been very patient so far. If I can't get this one started again I have to buy another brand. :-(

Anyone else have any experience with the Readee?
emvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
xavierhiggs
xavierhiggs began at the beginning.

Device: Readee
Hi!

I've had a Readee for five weeks now and here are the problems I'm experiencing.

First, I'd like to say that I updated the new firmware so even with the new version there are still a lot of problems.

1. The reader freezes quite often. In fact, I had to exchange my first reader since it was completly frozen and I was not able to reset it.

2. I never had a freezing problem while reader a book on a SD card BUT the SD-slot, which worked fine when I bought the reader, is now working erraticaly: sometimes the reader doesn't detect the sd card anymore. It can also happen while your reading: all of a sudden the Readee can't read on your card anymore.

3. The reader is quite slow.

I would thus strongly advice against buying the reader.

Last edited by xavierhiggs; 04-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.
xavierhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
emvie
emvie began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Cover Story
xavierhiggs: I gave up and bought me an Iriver Cover Story. It has tTouch screen and is just awsome!! This is what an e-book reader SHOULD be like.

I totally agreee with you - anyone thinking on buying an e-book reader, do NOT by a Readee.
emvie is offline   Reply With Quote