Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I shall be ordering an iPad when pre-orders open tomorrow.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

I still think it is priced too high for me, but I would appreciate another person's judgement on the device; if you would oblige when the happy day arrives .... ta....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My pleasure .
Old 05-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Me too. Nothing from O2 re data plans yet, but the Orange offerings look interesting:-

http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2010/05...ad-wi-fi-3g-2/

Cheers, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That sounds pretty good - £15/month for up to 3GB traffic. That's very much on a par with the cost of using 3G dongles.
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Latest prices from apple japan store is up:
http://store.apple.com/jp/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODA0NQ
They look more in line with US prices.

Since its via Apple, i can order it and pay by COD. Softbank seems to mandate creditcard purchase.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 AM   #22
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Did it happen?
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes . 64GB 3G on order.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Sorry if this is a duplicate ... BBC web link .... iPad Global Launch ....

Too expensive for me !
Quote:
Originally Posted by from link
nine countries outside the US on 28 May.
Quote:
Ultimately, the best answer is that there are 195 countries in the world.
so much for global...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
No launch in my country.
And the prices are outrageous.
But by making people wait, they just make them more eager to have it and spend all that money.
Nor in my country. And a lot of other countries. And I doubt it will make more people eager to get it. In fact, I know of a few people who would have bought it if it had been available from the start. But now, after they had some time to reflect and read reviews probably won't buy it.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
That sounds pretty good - £15/month for up to 3GB traffic. That's very much on a par with the cost of using 3G dongles.
just buy a iphone sim card from o2 on simplicity! £15 a month for unlimited data.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
I just noticed on the Apple Canada website for the iPad, that there is no mention of iBook app on the features page. Has anyone noticed if there is a mention of the iBooks on the features page of the various countries that are getting the iPad at the end of the month?

I just did a quick check and only find a reference to the iBooks on the US site.

Ken
KenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #27
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFisher View Post
I just noticed on the Apple Canada website for the iPad, that there is no mention of iBook app on the features page. Has anyone noticed if there is a mention of the iBooks on the features page of the various countries that are getting the iPad at the end of the month?

I just did a quick check and only find a reference to the iBooks on the US site.

Ken
iPad is available in Canada for a suggested retail price of $549 (CAN) for 16GB, $649 (CAN) for 32GB, $749 (CAN) for 64GB for Wi-Fi models and $679 (CAN) for 16GB, $779 (CAN) for 32GB and $879 (CAN) for 64GB for Wi-Fi + 3G models. iPad will be sold through the Apple Store® (www.apple.ca/store), Apple’s retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. The iBooks™ app for iPad including Apple’s iBookstore will be available as a free download from the App Store on May 28.

For the other countries:
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/07/...e-ipad-launch/
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #28
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I got to see the iPad today at Jarir bookstore here in Riyadh.
A friend of mine had his iPhone on him so we run a quck feature comparison. iPhone is much better for making phone calls I found .
Otherwise, it looks pretty slick. No gadget lust though, it just didn't do it for me.
It seems pretty light, but I'd imagine you'd want a seriously protective sleeve for this thing if you want to carry it around.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #29
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
so much for global...
3G version in Japan is locked to Softbank like the iphone...We all here cant help going.....what a wise and impartial decision..
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote