Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
chinababe
chinababe began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
library books? what do they work on?

May be a stupid question but what readers do english e library books work on please? Do they work on iriver story? Tried to download one to it & it keeps saying could not open file. Been thinking about buying one for ages & yesterday my son gave me iriver story but haven't a clue if it will do library books?
chinababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Lending Library ebooks use either MOBI or Adobe ePub and PDF. The iRiver Story should be able to read the Adobe library books. You need to download them with Windows or Mac Adobe Digital Editions and authorize your iRiver inside ADE while it is connected via USB.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
chinababe

Thanks I've done all that but still saying failed to open. just to make sure that I was doing it right I bout a book from WH smith ebooks site & that worked fine. I am a bit trial & error when it comes to doing stuff on computer so was quite pleased with myself that I managed to do that on my own.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Does the book open in Adobe Digital Editions? If not there might be something wrong with the file.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinababe View Post
Thanks I've done all that but still saying failed to open. just to make sure that I was doing it right I bout a book from WH smith ebooks site & that worked fine. I am a bit trial & error when it comes to doing stuff on computer so was quite pleased with myself that I managed to do that on my own.
Hi Chinababe. How did you manage to get ADE to see your Iriver? That's where my problem lies.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
chinababe

hi james
Sorry but what is ADE? (bit of an idiot when it comes to computer stuff, when things work for me its usually trial & error!)
Old 09-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinababe View Post
hi james
Sorry but what is ADE? (bit of an idiot when it comes to computer stuff, when things work for me its usually trial & error!)
ADE is Adobe Digital Editions. It manages your e-books and library books. I don't use it unless I absolutely have to so maybe someone else can elaborate on it's use. Or try google
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote