Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, darryl. That being the case, one should of course follow their advice and promptly download it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #17
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
The below quote is from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201422770

My comment is that given the prices paid and the download restrictions this is not in my view acceptable. And it should be given far more prominence than it is. Having said that, I suspect other services of this type would be the same.
What are the download restrictions? Can you only download it to one device?
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
What are the download restrictions? Can you only download it to one device?
Darryl gave you a link which answers your question.

Quote:
Downloading: You may download videos you purchase to two compatible download devices, such as Fire tablets (other than Kindle Fire 1st Generation) and Android and iOS devices.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But you're not buying streamed content - you're just buying access to a service. I agree that it's sensible to keep a local copy of things like eBooks, but I strongly disagree that it's OK to make a copy of material from a streaming service; if you want a permanent copy for yourself, buy the DVD.
How is buying a movie or TV show digitally (which is the case with the OP) any different than buying an eBook? (I'm not talking about something like Prime or Netflix, but something like Vudu, iTunes or Amazon Video [non-rentals])
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
How is buying a movie or TV show digitally (which is the case with the OP) any different than buying an eBook? (I'm not talking about something like Prime or Netflix, but something like Vudu, iTunes or Amazon Video [non-rentals])
It isn't: it's exactly the same. Buy it. Download it. Never rely on someone else to store it for you.
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Thanks Sydney's Mom for posting this problem!! Here I was getting ready to sell a bunch of DVDs & BR that I have on streaming! Not happening now
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #22
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
That sounds quite interesting! - what was it called?
The historical Korean csi is: "ByeolSunGeom".

Can also be found as "BSG Police" in a search criteria.

I just found that YouTube has some episodes & trailers; should have checked there long ago. And after reading about downloading, I may just do that even tho I usually watch with a Fire TV on my AVR. I've never tried Amazon's web for viewing but have found that Amazon did have the BSG Police available for computer streaming at one point.

Oh well, will be checking out "Chousun Police" to see if it has the same "plots"(?).
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #23
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
The issue is I paid an exorbitant price (to me, $35 for something I could get free off the TV is exorbitant) and I like to watch it on my big TV. I just started binge watching, and going to the computer to watch this and then back to the TV interrupts the binge watching. I don't think you are supposed to move during binge watching. At least I didn't for the first 9 seasons (I watched 4 or 5 at a time, not the entire 9 seasons!).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I don't think you are supposed to move during binge watching.
It's a rule. Exceptions are to go to the fridge, the restroom, or the microwave. That's it. Any other interruption breaks the Code of the Binge.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #25
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's a rule. Exceptions are to go to the fridge, the restroom, or the microwave. That's it. Any other interruption breaks the Code of the Binge.
Well, sometimes I have to pet my cat if she demands it. Does that make me a Code Breaker?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #26
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, sometimes I have to pet my cat if she demands it. Does that make me a Code Breaker?
Only if you have to pause for an extended period as the cat blocks the view of the TV.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Only if you have to pause for an extended period as the cat blocks the view of the TV.
Agreed.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #28
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Quote:
Agreed.
Thanks, good to know. Isn't it wonderful that there are so wise and knowledgeable people here on MR!
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #29
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Thanks!! New to this.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks!! New to this.
You can, of course, be granted special dispensation for extenuating circumstances. Just ask if you have any other Binge Code questions. A knowledgeable binge-er is nearly always within hailing distance.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.