Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Anyone know of a tool to download and read webcomics?

I've given up on a lot of interesting webcomics, because of my rsi, and because of the terrible ergonomics of trying to read on the computer, click to the next page, read, click, read, click, etc.

In my experience, computers are ... tolerable ... for writing, drawing, entering data, editing, and a lot of other things, but they're terrible for reading.

In my experience, e-readers are much better for reading.

I have visual sensitivities, including a strobe sensitivity, and have proprioceptive impairments, so I can't use tablets or other brightly-animated, and/or touch devices.

Some webcomics have pdf or ebook collections, but most don't. So it would be helpful to be able to create collections.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does this thread help https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=270092

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 02:49 AM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thanks, but no.

That seems to be for downloading and converting comic books, with one book per file. I am hoping to figure out how to download and read webcomics, with one short strip per page. Trying to page through these is an exercise in worsening my rsi.

Such as

http://www.goodbyetohalos.com/

https://xkcd.com/
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offline reading, webcomics