Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
diana.stout
diana.stout began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
Help with python (ereader2html) stuff?

Okay, here's the deal!

I have windows XP.
I have successfully used this to convert multiple books in a cmd window.

Something like >> python.exe ereader2html.py BOOK.PRC BOOK/ "YOUR NAME" CCNUM

It's worked fine repeatedly, but when I tried it today I am receiving an error that says:

'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

THANKS!!!!!!!
diana.stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diana.stout View Post
Okay, here's the deal!

I have windows XP.
I have successfully used this to convert multiple books in a cmd window.

Something like >> python.exe ereader2html.py BOOK.PRC BOOK/ "YOUR NAME" CCNUM

It's worked fine repeatedly, but when I tried it today I am receiving an error that says:

'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

THANKS!!!!!!!
open a cmd window and type path. See if the python folder is listed in the path. If not add it or cd to the folder containing the executable.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
open a cmd window and type path. See if the python folder is listed in the path. If not add it or cd to the folder containing the executable.

Dale
The directory for Python is not in my path yet Python programs work fine. That's because Python sets up the system so that when you type ereader2html.py it knows it's a Python program based on the file extension. So there is no need for Python.exe on the command line. Just start witht he program name with the .py extension.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The directory for Python is not in my path yet Python programs work fine.
In other words, use:

Code:
ereader2html.py BOOK.PRC BOOK/ "YOUR NAME" CCNUM
instead of:

Code:
python.exe ereader2html.py BOOK.PRC BOOK/ "YOUR NAME" CCNUM
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
nanster
nanster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need some help with the Dark Reverser's ereader2html.py - getting the above error message...any suggestions????
nanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert