Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
paspas
Enthusiast
paspas began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
where to buy through internet?

Hi,

i'm from europe, do you know any shop to buy prs-505 by internet?

thanks.
paspas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The only company who shipped the 500 internationally was BHPhotoVideo. Presumably they'll soon start offering the 505.

The other option is eBay, of course; that's where I bought my 500.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that B&H is closed until October 7. So while they may have the 505, it won't be up in the webite until probably October 8 given that October 7 is a Sunday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh no - a 2 day wait! How terrible! Given that they appear to observe Jewish holidays, Sunday is very likely a normal working day for them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oh no - a 2 day wait! How terrible!
B&H did close on September 26.
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, B&H as a company are hyper-observant of Jewish holidays. It's weird that they won't even take web-orders during this time. From a customer service standpoint, I suppose it might be better to refuse to take the order than take the chance that the customer doesn't understand that it won't even be looked for up to two weeks in some cases.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF74 View Post
Yes, B&H as a company are hyper-observant of Jewish holidays. It's weird that they won't even take web-orders during this time. From a customer service standpoint, I suppose it might be better to refuse to take the order than take the chance that the customer doesn't understand that it won't even be looked for up to two weeks in some cases.
If nobody is there, then if there is a problem, the customer has nobody to contact. It is safer to just close for the holidays then it is to risk losing customers due to some unforeseen problem.

Maybe B&H stands for Bar Mitzvah & Hanukkah.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
paspas
Enthusiast
paspas began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
thanks to everybody!

see you
paspas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
rgd
rgd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Reader
I've always ordered through B&H and never had a problem (some cameras and lenses). Service is reliable and prompt.
rgd is offline   Reply With Quote