Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Entourage Systems corporate news

We know everything is closing down, so I sent a general thank you/inquery on where to get updates, etc. today to all emails I could find when website worked.
Although I never sent to Doug Atkinson directly, I guess one of addresses is forwarding to him, so I got Out of ofiice:

"As of May 31, 2011 Doug Atkinson is no longer an employee of Entourage Systems and this mailbox is no longer monitored and has no forwarding address."
(from datkinson@entouragesys.com Mr. Doug Atkinson
Vice President of Marketing and Business Development)

Then I faked Mostafa address in the same fashion snd it was Delivery Failure...

The other emails went through I wonder if anybody will respond...

here is a link on corporate info 2008-2011(?) http://investing.businessweek.com/re...apId=105317267
My guess we could probably find a date of company dissolution in VA gov records soon...
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yesterday was Doug's last day, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
larka

Nate, do you know if anybody left at Entourage?
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by larka View Post
Nate, do you know if anybody left at Entourage?
I do have an email address, but the guy is awfully busy so i don't want to bother him.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I hope one of the things he's busy with is zipping up the SDK and all the bugfixes to quietly let it escape out the door.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
larka

BTW, update.zip and golden.update.zip has dissappeared from the rcs server last night...?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
tech72
tech72 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge & literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yesterday was Doug's last day, yes.
Nate it would be great if the community could get a hold of the sdk or ermine gold or even the source for ermine when they released the source for coyote it was like a bare minimum submission to satisfy GPL requirements. I would love to see a way to load e readers and have them display on the E-ink side. It just occurred to me the E-ink side runs Linux that is why there needed the Source code released.... anyhow it would be great to have the tools released to be able to continue development for such a promising platform.
tech72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
AFAIK there has been no source release of anything related to the e-ink... It's all custom(I assume) so they have no need to follow any license restrictions. The e-ink likely doesn't run its own software, but is just seen as a peripheral by Android.

Last edited by emusan; 07-06-2011 at 04:06 PM.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech72 View Post
It just occurred to me the E-ink side runs Linux that is why there needed the Source code released....
The edge is an Android device, so the whole thing is Linux. It is just one computer with two screens. Since Android doesn't natively support such a configuration entourage wrote some code for dealing with the eInk display, and their applications are linked to it to be able to use the eInk display. Information about and access to those custom bailywigs is what we mean by SDK for the edge. Just about everything else needed for developing software for the edge is in the ordinary Android SDK.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
my understanding is robot managed to get a complete working android on Eink. Eink is just a display. what makes the think difficult is that the 2 screens have different resolution. also i understand that android has troubles on handling 2 screens in the same time. Ideal will be to manage some kind of screen dump from lcd to eink. like you are in the browser, use a button and get the info trasfferred to eink, or from email? some kind of syncronisation. but without sdk and eink driver infos is impossible. I am surprised of how much nookdevs achieved on the first B and N dual screen device.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

uhhh.. you can send an image from the browser to the eink...
Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
I haven't looked in a while, but I recall the Nook Simple Touch running Angry Birds on e-ink (looked terrible, but it meant you could treat it as a fairly open Android eInk device). I would have been all over that if it had a USB host port.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

emusan, the idea is to be able to send anything you have on lcd to eink. I would love this.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
emusan, the idea is to be able to send anything you have on lcd to eink. I would love this.
I know, I just wasn't sure if you knew you could already do that with a few of the apps.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
vicinc
Guru

NO I CAN NOT. I only have LCD working on my PE, at least 'till next week when I can clone my new device.