Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
tlo07
tlo07 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Prevent syncing between devices

If I recall correctly, Nook apps and devices should now stay in sync with each other. For example, you should be able to pick up where you left off in a book no matter which device or app you use (Nook, NC, smartphone app). I am going to be loaning my Nook classic out to someone going on a trip for about a week. I am just going to leave my books on there. Is there a way from preventing my Nook classic and my Nook Color from syncing so we keep our places in our respective books? I suppose if she keeps the wifi off when using my Nook classic, that should prevent them from syncing?

Thanks!
tlo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
drv
Enthusiast
drv doesn't litterdrv doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color
I was going to say turn of wifi. Makes sense.
drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
If I recall correctly, Nook apps and devices should now stay in sync with each other. For example, you should be able to pick up where you left off in a book no matter which device or app you use (Nook, NC, smartphone app). I am going to be loaning my Nook classic out to someone going on a trip for about a week. I am just going to leave my books on there. Is there a way from preventing my Nook classic and my Nook Color from syncing so we keep our places in our respective books? I suppose if she keeps the wifi off when using my Nook classic, that should prevent them from syncing?

Thanks!
In the nook classic, it won't sync unless you ask it to. To turn it off, you have to go into any book in the B&N Library, go to Preferences, and TURN OFF "autosave last page read on bn.com". That way it won't "talk to" your nook color about the last page read. Although this should work in theory, if there are old last page reads stored that are higher than where the current person has read, whoever has the nook color could either turn off wifi or deliberately bookmark the last page they've read so there is no confusion.

I should add --the nook classic won't ever automatically go to the last page read on another device. You always have to ask it to in the Go To menu (go to last page read saved on bn.com). So the sync there is an active pull of data, and whoever has the nook classic doesn't have to worry about losing their page in any case.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote