Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Discontinued bundle

I've been buying the fantasy bundles from Connect as they become available: Robert Newcomb, Terry Brooks, and the newest bundled offering by Robin Hobb.

However, I passed on the Salvatore bundle, because I hadn't read anything by him. Then, after reading quite a lot of reviews I decided I was going to go ahead and buy it. Unfortunately, it's no longer offered. This is the first instance I'v come across where a fantasy bundle is no longer offered.

Thought you all would like to know.

Cheers,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
I still see it and it shows as being available until June 1st, 2007.

http://ebooks.connect.com/specials/bundles.html

5th down in the list.

I have read a lot of R.A. Salavatore, but none from this bundle.

Also verified that I could still see it in the connect software.

Last edited by Snassek; 03-16-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's really strange, as I've typed in "Salvatore" and the bundle did not show......!!!!

Thank you for the information on this.

Looks like I'll have to buy this one.

Thanks,
Don
Old 03-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
The Search is bad, I've found at least a few times I search for something and nothing was found and later I come across it while browsing.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

One can't order the Salvatore bundle from that website

That listing you showed, unfortunately, does not allow me to order.

Additionally, when I go to Connect and log in, the bundled Salvatore set is still not listed.

I'm going to send an email to them, because they DO list the bundle on that site you mention.

Anyone else having this kind of difficulty?

Cheers,
Don
Advert
Old 03-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Did you look for it through the bundles listing?

Just to be thorough/anal/clear about what I mean: in the ConnStore, in the ConnSoft, click 'Specials' in the menu bar, then click 'View More Bundles' over on the right, under the row of bundles they're highlighting. It's the fifth one in that list for me, titled "DemonWars Bundle," which may be adding to the confusion.

Yah, the ConnStore's search rather stinks (among other things), but it is a good deal better than it was when they opened it. They've still got a ways to go, though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Yah, the ConnStore's search rather stinks (among other things), but it is a good deal better than it was when they opened it. They've still got a ways to go, though.
Reminds me of the comment I once got from my French teacher on a school report:

Mediocre - A great improvement.

HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Sorry, I should have posted exactly where it was in the Connect Software. As I posted above, I did verify that I could find it there besides just browsing the internet site. I usually use the internet site to look around since it is much faster than the pathetic connsoft.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Ok -- I finally found it. It looks now as if Connect has a side arrow. For example: when you find an author and then simply scroll down, you will NOT find all that author's books. By clicking on a SIDE ARROW, one then might possibly see the other listings by that author.

Let me state this very clearly: Doing a seach on the word "bundle" WILL NOT locate the Salvatore bundle. (Good lord!)

Now, to Sony's credit: I mailed off an enquiry about this issue this morning, and came home to find my response.

Also, thanks Snassek for helping me on this.

Don