Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
M-Edge Executive Jacket and e-Luminator2 for Nook

wow, that was fast. I ordered it on saturday. It was shipped on monday and arrived here in Germany today (wendsday)!!! Unbelievable.

I did not have to pay any duty or tax, because the value was to low.

The cover is gorgouse. I had already an M-Edge Executive cover vor my Sony reader, but that was a light brown one. This time I ordered the purple one for the Nook and it loos awesome.

I also ordered the e-luminator2 from M-Edge, whicht fits the cover perfectly. By mistake I ordered the light for the Kindle2, but that's ok. The only difference is, that the arm, where the light is on is .75in shorter on the Nook light. The Kindle lights is a little bit longer as the cover, but barley. It is absolutly ok.

I did a set of pictures:
M-Edge Executive Jacket & e-Luminator2 slide show

I did a little video too

Last edited by mos; 02-03-2010 at 09:35 AM.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
The cover is gorgouse. I had already an M-Edge Executive cover vor my Sony reader, but that was a light brown one. This time I ordered the purple one for the Nook and it loos awesome.
Nice review. You have a sexy voice. Maybe you have a career in video reviews . I just ordered a Nook and after watching your review I checked into the M-Edge covers. I think I'm going to buy the M-Edge Go Jacket. It's $10 cheaper and it's all that I need. In the USA the price is the same through either E-Edge or Amazon. Either way you have to pay $5 shipping and Maryland residents have to pay tax.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
Yeah, you're doing a great job. I got the Latitude Jacket for mine. I wasn't sure if I would use the light so I saved a couple of bucks and didn't get it. By the way, I hope you're search the Internet for coupons. I saved 20% with a coupon I found.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
clawlan
clawlan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Nook
When you open the cover, is it built so you can fold it all the way around to the back of the reader? I am left handed and would like a cover that folds all the way around so I can hold it easily. Does this make sense?

EDIT: I guess I answered my own question. This is an image from their website:

Last edited by clawlan; 02-03-2010 at 11:43 PM.
clawlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505; nook
I "upgraded" from my Barnes and Noble cover to a M-Edge Latitude Jacket with the light as well. The light is seriously overpriced, but oh well, nice to have it. My only complaint is when not in use, the light doesn't exactly stow away...it's a big bump down the left side on the back. But, much like the photo above, I love that the Jacket is designed so the cover folds all the way around to the back during reading. The B&N cover could do this, but even then, it seemed a bit stiff and uncomfortable with it.

K.
binkman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMerf View Post
By the way, I hope you're search the Internet for coupons. I saved 20% with a coupon I found.
I'm going to order the cover and light. Can you tell me where you found the coupon. I searched and couldn't find any. Than you very much.

~eddie
Old 02-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
AZMerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
I'm going to order the cover and light. Can you tell me where you found the coupon. I searched and couldn't find any. Than you very much.

~eddie
I found this one on Facebook and it worked for me.

FACEEDGE
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
I found this one on Facebook and it worked for me.

FACEEDGE
Great it worked. You saved me $12. Thanks.

~eddie
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
AZMerf

Wow, I think it only saved me $7. Did you spend more than on one cover?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
Wow, I think it only saved me $7. Did you spend more than on one cover?
No but I also purchased the light that fits in the cover.

~eddie
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
AZMerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
No but I also purchased the light that fits in the cover.

~eddie
Awesome. I thought about the light but wasn't sure it would fit the case I bought. From the pictures, it looks like the light on the case I bought is on the back. And I wasn't sure if it was LED or a regular bulb. Let me know if you like the light.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #12
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
I also ordered the e-luminator2 from M-Edge, whicht fits the cover perfectly.
MOS I have the M-Edge light to go with my M-Edge Go Jacket cover. I like them both but I'm having a small problem with the light. It fits nicely in the cover and the lighting is perfect. As you know it's 2 parts with the light snapped into the part that you slip into the cover. My problem is that when I twist the light from it's resting position up to the reading position it comes lose or even completely apart. I find I have to snap the parts back together every time I use it. Did you experience that with your light or do I just probably have a defective light? I really prefer it compared to the clip-on type that my wife has for her Kindle.

~eddie
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #13
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Eddie, no, mine has never fallen apart yet. Ask m-edge, if this is normal. I think it is not.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 AM   #14
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I just got the (excellent) Platform Jacket and the e-Luminator2 in black (theoretically for the Sony readers, but really the same thing)

I have had this happen to mine a couple of times. Just make sure it is really, properly clipped back in all the way. I also apply some upward pressure while rotating it, so I haven't run into this any longer. If yours still keeps coming off, maybe it is defective and you should indeed contact M-Edge.

Otherwise it's a good light, though not as nice as the Lightwedge cover from/for Sony readers. Having a matching cover with space for it helps quite a bit, otherwise the Easel-style one sold by BN is slimmer and easier to carry around (but offers less protection of course)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #15
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
Eddie, no, mine has never fallen apart yet. Ask m-edge, if this is normal. I think it is not.
Thanks MOS. I'll contact M-Edge about getting a replacement.

~eddie