Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
jemkeith
Enthusiast
jemkeith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
can't add ebook

I have several ebooks that I can't add. Marvin gives me an error about the books either having errors or having DRM. They open fine in calibre and in shubooks.
There isn't any DRM.
jemkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Cool

What we do whenever this happens, is we e-mail the problematic book(s) to Kris at support@marvinapp.com so that he can take a look at their structure and do some trouble-shooting.

Disclaimer: No encouragement of copyright infringement is intended by above advice.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
jemkeith
Enthusiast

Thanks! I'll do that later today.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Post the solution here so others can find it. That is the point of a forum.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Talking

You don't mean Kris should post his Marvin source code here, eh? Resolving this type of issues is typically an internal matter between Kris and his Marvin source code. Most of us would understand zip about that even if he posted it here, but his Marvin source code is his private affair. Marvin is not open-source, last I heard.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
jemkeith
Enthusiast

I'll post the results.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
jemkeith
Enthusiast

You know, an open source reader that was easily extended through plugins would be pretty cool... Although apple probably wouldn't allow it.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
In many cases, the problem is related to the book either being severely corrupt or DRMed. If the problem is a bug or the solution is relevant, I'll acknowledge and publish it here.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
jemkeith
Enthusiast

Well, it seems that updating both ios reader and marvin plugins to the versions that came out on the 14th fixed my issue. Thanks!

Last edited by jemkeith; 09-14-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: no errors after all