Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
egees
egees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Books from computer not showing up under 'All Items'

Hi guys,

I tried transferring the books from my computer manually and also through Calibre but they refuse to show up under 'All Items' on my Paperwhite.

The only way I can get the books to show up is to go to the 'Docs' app.

I have also tried changing the output from Calibre's output option screen to Blank from [PDOC].

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? Previously, it all worked fine when I transferred books from Calibre to the Kindle and everything shows up under 'All Items'.

Thanks.
egees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
app? Is this a Kindle Fire? If so, you'll probably get a quicker answer if you post your question in the Fire subforum.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
egees

It is a paperwhite
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your side-loaded items should appear when having All Items checked on the Home page. Try restarting the device via the menu. Also, try syncing the device to Amazon, sometimes it gets confused if it's been too long since the last sync.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
The books probably have the [docs] tag. and not the [EBOK] tag.

In Calibre look and see what your convert books to mobi tag is and if books change it to

[EBOK]

brackets included.

If your books are handled by amazon and not amazon books they will hang the [DOC] tag to your book and it will only show up in your doc's folder.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 12-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
The books probably have the [docs] tag. and not the [EBOK] tag.

In Calibre look and see what your convert books to mobi tag is and if books change it to

[EBOK]

brackets included.

If your books are handled by amazon and not amazon books they will hang the [DOC] tag to your book and it will only show up in your doc's folder.
That would explain why they're showing up under "Docs" rather than "Books", but it doesn't explain why they aren't showing up under "All Items".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Yea, have no experience with the paper white. Thanks
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, my side-loaded books are divided pretty much at random between docs and books (I think the Calibre default changed at some point) but everything shows up under "All Items" (it's the only view I ever use). Have you tried a reboot to see if that helps?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
egees

I've tried rebooting a few times but the items still shows up only under 'Docs'.

Also tried playing around with Calibre's MOBI output settings, switching from an empty tag to the [EBOK] tag but everything still only appears under 'Docs'.

All along, the 'All Items' encompassed the 'Books' and 'Docs' subcategories. I do not have the slightest idea why the newly uploaded books decide to only show up under 'Docs'.

Is there any setting/option that may have caused that?

Last edited by egees; 12-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Very strange indeed. I'm afraid I have no idea what the problem could be.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard

I would do a Factory Reset. It'll remove all of your ebooks, but may very well fix the problem.

Do you have any hacks installed? There could be a conflict.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #12
egees

Nope, no hacks installed.

I guess I'll give factory reset a shot.

Thanks for the inputs.