Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2022, 01:21 AM   #46
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Yes, but none of those options are the chapter number or title.

Apparently the books I'm currently reading insist on showing both. Could you possibly show a <space> before the time? If not, thanks anyway, I'll just have to decide if it occurs often enough to warrant moving to the footer.
A (hacky) workaround would be to use the Remove title from reading header/footer patch under libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml to remove chapter title.

This though has the side effect of removing book title from the bottom as well (interactive demo).

Last edited by xyclonei; 06-30-2022 at 01:30 AM.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:44 PM   #47
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Chapter headings/titles are, more often than not, longer than the title. You can swap the header and footer via patch so the chapter titles are in the footer position, then use footer location for the clock so it will appear in the header position with the book title
Thanks, that sounds promising. I've been intending to look through the available patches, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
A (hacky) workaround would be to use the Remove title from reading header/footer patch under libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml to remove chapter title.

This though has the side effect of removing book title from the bottom as well (interactive demo).
Removing them entirely would be a last resort, but the demo also shows a 'Don't uppercase header/footer text' which should lessen it's horizontal length.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2022, 04:35 PM   #48
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I have a potential fix for the dark mode issue. I'm attaching a test version if those affected want to test it out.

Test version removed. v0.3.0 now released.

Last edited by sherman; 10-29-2022 at 05:45 PM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #49
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I have a potential fix for the dark mode issue. I'm attaching a test version if those affected want to test it out.
Fantastic! Works on my Libra 2.

Muchos gracias
sdothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:57 PM   #50
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Works like a charm. The clock does not budge when switching modes and back. Thank you, Sherman!
Advert
Old 07-02-2022, 01:23 AM   #51
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Thank you for this. Working flawlessly.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:48 PM   #52
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a new test version for those brave enough to try it out.

I've finally managed to add support for showing the battery level. It may be a bit rough around the edges cosmetically, but in my limited testing, it seems to work ok.

First, a warning. The settings file has changed significantly. You may want to back up your old settings file in case you want to revert to a previous version. Your old settings will be upgraded to the new format. See this upgraded readme for instructions on the new settings.

The new version allows showing the battery level as either a (configurable) text label, an icon, or both. The icon is not suitable for use in dark mode, as it does not get inverted. When using the Both option, there is a rather sizable gap between the label and icon, which I haven't figured out how to make smaller.

The clock and battery indicator can not share the same location, I tried to allow this but had issues, so it is not supported at this time. It is allowed to use both header and footer simultaneously though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NickelClock-v0.2.0-19-gb1d44.zip (29.2 KB, 418 views)
Old 07-18-2022, 10:45 PM   #53
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a new test version for those brave enough to try it out.

I've finally managed to add support for showing the battery level. It may be a bit rough around the edges cosmetically, but in my limited testing, it seems to work ok.

First, a warning. The settings file has changed significantly. You may want to back up your old settings file in case you want to revert to a previous version. Your old settings will be upgraded to the new format. See this upgraded readme for instructions on the new settings.

The new version allows showing the battery level as either a (configurable) text label, an icon, or both. The icon is not suitable for use in dark mode, as it does not get inverted. When using the Both option, there is a rather sizable gap between the label and icon, which I haven't figured out how to make smaller.

The clock and battery indicator can not share the same location, I tried to allow this but had issues, so it is not supported at this time. It is allowed to use both header and footer simultaneously though.
Works fine on my Libra 2.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_034.png
Views:	282
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	195127  
Old 07-19-2022, 03:54 AM   #54
xyclonei
Connoisseur

Works perfectly on my Clara HD. Thank you working your magic once again, @sherman!

I tried prefixing 🗲 to the battery percentage in hopes of beautifying it, but sadly the included Avenir font does not support this glyph.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:09 AM   #55
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
Works perfectly on my Clara HD. Thank you working your magic once again, @sherman!

I tried prefixing 🗲 to the battery percentage in hopes of beautifying it, but sadly the included Avenir font does not support this glyph.
Yeah, I had the same idea. It's unfortunate that we're limited by the font.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:24 AM   #56
sherman
Guru

I tried some experiments with the Material Icons font. It appears that (at least in this case), Qt doesn't do glyph fallback

Ah well. Never mind.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:51 AM   #57
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@sherman,

Thank you very much for all your work

I thought I'd pass on this little snippet in case you're interested.

When I first installed the latest version I noticed that a small amount (approx. 0.5mm) of the top of my battery% text was being "shaved off". However the HH:MM text was all perfectly OK. In fact, the latter has been perfectly OK in all the released versions of NickelClock I've installed.

I was easily able to stop the battery% shaving by changing the settings in a couple of my nickel patches to be a bit less aggressive in minimizing the header/footer height.

Is it possible (maybe it's unavoidable) that the battery% widget has a different vertical alignment than the HH:MM widget?

Anyway, it's not a big deal, but I thought you might like to know.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:07 PM   #58
imNOTdwight
imNOTdwight began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Sorry if I've missed something, but I can't seem to be able make the "Margin=Auto" work.

I'm on the latest version posted here on a Libra H2O.

Let me know how I can debug this for you.
imNOTdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:14 PM   #59
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by imNOTdwight View Post
Sorry if I've missed something, but I can't seem to be able make the "Margin=Auto" work.

I'm on the latest version posted here on a Libra H2O.

Let me know how I can debug this for you.
Replace Auto with 62 and see how you like it
Old 07-19-2022, 09:48 PM   #60
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any easy way to see what version of NickelClock you have installed?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote