Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #541
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankEyes View Post
Has anyone come across this? I was trying to import files via iTunes filseharing for Marvin. I get a message saying 'could not be copied because you don't have permission to see its content. You made need to unlock your iOS device in order to copy files for this app.

Here is a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qko6nep24...44.47.png?dl=0

Edit: MapleRead did not give this error message.
Same here! And Caliber freezes 1-3 times each time I use it.
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #542
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Bravo! This simply exceeds my expectation! No need for file transfer via tethered iTunes. Freedom to display my CJK font names. With the ease of use of this font installation model, I have tested over 20 different font families in minutes, and they all work as expected. The info/error messages and FAQ are very helpful in correcting my own pilot errors. No other iOS apps come close to your elegant solution for user fonts!
Do you have a special trick you could show me? Totally at loss, tried everything I can come up with.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #543
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 4 & Mini 5
Quote:
Do you have a special trick you could show me? Totally at loss, tried everything I can come up with.
Did you follow the steps here:
http://www.maplepop.com/web/mr/help.php#pc_upload_font
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #544
BlankEyes
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Yep, to the teeth. I must be doing something wrong - I'm sure it'll dawn on me eventually.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:09 AM   #545
anlen
anlen began at the beginning.

Device: android
Thank to @sbaylor, Through this article I have chosen the application for my iphone 8, with which I can enjoy great books.
anlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #546
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 4 & Mini 5
Quote:
Yep, to the teeth. I must be doing something wrong - I'm sure it'll dawn on me eventually.
OK. All I can say now is "Good Luck!"
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #547
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoir74 View Post
Been using MapleRead SE for a week now and am happy with how it performs.

Several niggles though:

- It’s not customised for the Max iPhone screen with a gap at the top and bottom;
That's actually not an accurate statement. All properly designed iOS apps for iPhone models with notches (starting with iPhone X) should observe the so-called "safe area".

MapleRead just happened to make all "non-safe-area" black, which made some people think that the app was not properly designed. What an irony! Anyway, the MapleRead developer seems to recognize this misunderstanding, and remedy it in its latest release version 3.3.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #548
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
PDF double page view

MapleRead SE 3.3 has some new features for PDF:
- Added two options Pair First Page and Zero Out Page Gap for PDF Double Page Landscape

I like the flexibility they offer. The option "Pair First Page" is especially useful for reading some of my "non-standard" PDF files, which may have missing blank even/odd pages (vs. their paper versions). With that option, I can adjust the page pairing as needed, even for the same PDF book.

Just wonder if other PDF reader apps have a similar feature.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #549
Primus_Pilus
Supervillain Consultant
Primus_Pilus began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX 10.3, Kobo Aura ONE, Aura H2O
Just burned my IOS CaliberCompanion App to the ground thanks to their shady and underhanded business practices. Is it possible to use custom columns in Calibre (#my_shelves) inside the MapleRead application?

That lower left conical filtering icon on the app might be a good spot for something like that.

Second question, is there a method for Caliber to manage the loading of books into the MapleRead app?
My collection is in the thousands and I'm trying to work on syncing it.

Last edited by Primus_Pilus; 04-03-2020 at 04:56 PM.
Primus_Pilus is offline   Reply With Quote