Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Feeling really stupid, but I can't seem to get the update to run. New to Kobo, but I've done the following per the instructions:
1. Upgraded to 4.15.12920
2. Downloaded patched version and unzipped
3. Downloaded original 4.15.12920 firmware
4. Copied original 4.15.12920 zip file to SRC folder in unzipped patched version
5. Copied patched folder to root directory of kobo
6. Unmounted

I've read elsewhere that the update should start automatically, but that is not happening.
Did you put the new KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #32
Mr. Goodbar
Guru
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Did you put the new KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory?
Yep, feel even more stupid now. I was reading it as doing that step after the updating. Thanks for the help.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #33
the_Pan
Enthusiast
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura One / Kobo Aura H2O / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Paperwhite
Hey guys,
is the kobopatch.yaml "only" used for activating my "standard-patches", or is it also possible to preset values for the patches?
For example the "Custom reading footer style"-patch. I like to have it smaller than the preset, could I preset the smaller value?
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #34
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
Hey guys,
is the kobopatch.yaml "only" used for activating my "standard-patches", or is it also possible to preset values for the patches?
For example the "Custom reading footer style"-patch. I like to have it smaller than the preset, could I preset the smaller value?
Not currently. The current way it is usually done is to copy the patch into another file for just your customizations, add it to the patches map, then override it for that file. This allows you to update by overwriting the old patch files, then updating your customizations separately. I am planning to implement custom values for the patches once I figure out a clean way to do it.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #35
AxaRu
AxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2o, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Hey guys,
I have Kobo Forma.
What I must do for enable cyrillic keyboard?
Same as Aura One?
AxaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #36
the_Pan
Enthusiast
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura One / Kobo Aura H2O / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Not currently. The current way it is usually done is to copy the patch into another file for just your customizations, add it to the patches map, then override it for that file. This allows you to update by overwriting the old patch files, then updating your customizations separately. I am planning to implement custom values for the patches once I figure out a clean way to do it.
Okay, thank you for the clarification and keep up your good work! My Kobo is getting even better with your patches!
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:59 PM   #37
mg10
Enthusiast
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
What about these patches?

Hello
What about these patches?:

- Both page turn sides go next

- Reduce top/bottom page spacer:

BR
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
What about these patches?
Both page turn sides go next: Makes it so you can tap on either side of the screen to go to the next page.
Reduce top/bottom page spacer: Reduces the extra margin on the top/bottom of books which appeared after the official remove title/footer options were added a few versions ago.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #39
mg10
Enthusiast
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Both page turn sides go next: Makes it so you can tap on either side of the screen to go to the next page.
Reduce top/bottom page spacer: Reduces the extra margin on the top/bottom of books which appeared after the official remove title/footer options were added a few versions ago.
Sorry!! I downloaded an older version of kobopatch by mistake. It's ok. Thanks.
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:29 AM   #40
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

Does this patch have an invert / night mode option? I have a visual problem that’s getting worse and need a white text black background. My kobo is a Glo Hd and my computer a Mac. Also I have never tried to do anything like this before so I may be asking for more help. A bit embarrassing but there we are.
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #41
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmurray View Post
Does this patch have an invert / night mode option? I have a visual problem that’s getting worse and need a white text black background. My kobo is a Glo Hd and my computer a Mac. Also I have never tried to do anything like this before so I may be asking for more help. A bit embarrassing but there we are.
There's no need to be embarrassed! There is a patch for replacing the Adobe page numbers setting with an invert screen option in the libnickel patch file.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #42
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

Thanks. I have a feeling this may be beyond me. I have downloaded firmware and put zipped file in str folder of the patch. I think that's right? But I have literally no idea what to do next. I don't have the Kobo connected. I updated the firmware on the Kobo a while back.

Last edited by melmurray; 07-04-2019 at 11:02 AM.
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmurray View Post
Thanks. I have a feeling this may be beyond me. I have downloaded firmware and put zipped file in str folder of the patch. I think that's right? But I have literally no idea what to do next. I don't have the Kobo connected. I updated the firmware on the Kobo a while back.
You don't need to do any patching. Just add the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf" file in the directory ".kobo/Kobo":
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
InvertScreen=true
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #44
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You don't need to do any patching. Just add the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf" file in the directory ".kobo/Kobo":
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
InvertScreen=true
Or better, add:
Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true
to "Kobo eReader.conf" and you will have an option in the now available developers menu to invert the screen.
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #45
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathieulh View Post
Or better, add:
Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true
to "Kobo eReader.conf" and you will have an option in the now available developers menu to invert the screen.
Note that the developer options menu is under device information.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching