Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #316
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
I might have botched a debug conditional, I'll double-check, thanks .

EDIT: Yep, forgot the conditional. Will fix it when I get back to my dev box .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-10-2019 at 09:50 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:17 PM   #317
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jackie_w: I updated the package in #311 to fix the stray debug message, thanks!
Advert
Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #318
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jackie_w: I updated the package in #311 to fix the stray debug message, thanks!
Somehow I managed to miss this until now. Thanks
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:36 AM   #319
jsessions
jsessions began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Should I be installing this revised version of MiniClock rather than original one now?
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:30 PM   #320
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's entirely up to you .

I, personally, wouldn't mind more guinea pigs, err, testers ;p. But I also perfectly understand the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" philosophy .

As a minor incentive, besides the "ooh, shiny" effect, the positioning tweaks are probably most useful for people using the bottom-right corner, for instance. Especially if you read in multiple orientations, because that would allow you to have it automagically behaving in all orientations, which was impossible with absolute coordinates.
Advert
Old 11-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #321
jsessions

I had a quick dabble with alternate version which seems to work well. Only issue I had was getting it to recognise a ttf font in the miniclock directory and allowing me to change size like the original... I didn't succeed in what should have an easy change!!

All I did was add truetype=times.ttf before truetype_size and changed value of the size parameter to 8. Copied the font file to .addons/miniclock folder. Result ~ continued to use original default font!

I've probably done something dense but had no problem with original version following these steps.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #322
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jsessions: Oh, yeah, that's not something I would have tested, and it's indeed broken.

*nix gibberish follows:

This versions run a single FBInk instance that daemonizes. That process involves a chdir. The script assumes its $PWD is still the MiniClock addons folder, which is no longer true => ENOENT .

TL;DR: I'll post-process the path to make it absolute, which should fix that .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-24-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #323
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jsessions: Okay, package updated in #311, it *should* fix the relative font paths issue .

(I haven't tested it, but the fix is trivial enough that hopefully nothing will horribly implode ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-24-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #324
jsessions

I'll try it again later or tomorrow.

Guinea pig served its purpose
Old 11-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #325
jsessions

Fix does indeed work ~ thanks ~ truetype font works as expected. I'll continue playing with parameters when I have a bit more time.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #326
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jsessions: Fantastic, thanks for the feedback .
Old 11-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #327
retro
Zealot
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
I got a new Clara and really wanted the time showing, so I downloaded Frostschutz's 20190729b version of this addon.
It works but if I change the miniclock.example.cfg file, I always get the same default on the screen.
I did a factory reset, installed again and tried making just one change and nothing happened. I've only used examples listed here like the date format to %l:%M%P, no difference. Then I tried changing the font, nothing changed. I even tried the uninstall, nada. I also changed the debugging to 1 and no file.
It's like it's not reading the cfg file.
Did I miss something important?
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #328
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, StoryHD, PW4
miniclock.example.cfg is just the example file, so it won't overwrite customized miniclock.cfg everytime you update

save it as miniclock.cfg to actually do anything

should say so at the very beginning of the file itself

Code:
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#   MiniClock config example file. For settings to take any effect,
#     copy or rename this file to .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg.

frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #329
retro
Zealot
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Thank you! I've read this thread so many times, but sometimes the little things slip by.
And thank you for your work, it makes a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
miniclock.example.cfg is just the example file, so it won't overwrite customized miniclock.cfg everytime you update

save it as miniclock.cfg to actually do anything

should say so at the very beginning of the file itself

Code:
#   MiniClock config example file. For settings to take any effect,
#     copy or rename this file to .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg.

retro is offline   Reply With Quote