Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 06-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
PS: Isn't it ironic that none of these tutorials are meant to be read on the Reader?
No. I wrote my tutorial (the one which amuses you so much) to be read on the PC, because that is the platform on which it shows you how to create books. That way you can have the instructions and the actual tool you're using (Book Designer in the case of my tutorial) alongside each other on the screen. This strikes me as a sensible approach.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:11 AM   #32
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I don't know why you think it amuses me. Actually, I am looking forward to read it.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's probably that irony is usually considered a form of wry amusement, Andanzas.

For example, I find it ironic that you have difficultly reading things on a monitor, yet still have a computer but no printer -- but it's a gentle type of irony, the kind that means no offense.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #34
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I apologize if I sounded offensive, it was not my intention.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #35
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just for fun I decided to convert the copy I have of HarryT's excellent BookDesigner Tutorial to LRF format.

Please realize that I spent 1, maybe 2 minutes doing this because BD does so many things for you. It only identified 3 items as titles that were not titles. The other act of formatting that I did was to insert page breaks before each step.

The result is really quite nice although the graphics are a bit small they still work. Again, this was designed for reading on A4/letter sized paper, not for the Reader screen. But it does work.

I have also converted an operation/maintenance manual for one company that I work with for use on the Sony Reader and they are now at the field testing stage.

Again, I did not write this excellent manual, it was written completely by HarryT.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf HarryTs Book Designer Tutorial.lrf (1.68 MB, 1327 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #36
Andanzas
Out of print

Wow! Thank you very much! I agree with HarryT that it is better to read it on the PC because it is the platform on which you are going to use it, but for some people like me this adaptation might be useful.

Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #37
Andanzas
Out of print

I am trying to format some books from the Biblioteca Virtual Cervantes (which is the best resource I've found for ebooks in Spanish). When I try to open a file saved as htm in my hard drive, I get this error message in BookDesigner:
Quote:
Missed css-files:

/css/obras.css
/fuentes/fuentes.css

Some formatting features may be lost.
Find the listed files and copy them to the \Tool\Css\ BookDesigner subdirectory.
What am I supposed to do now? (I followed the indications to install the newest version of BookDesigner.)
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do the Spanish books look ok? Do you really need those css files? If everything looks ok and you can format it how you want, then don't worry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #39
Andanzas
Out of print

No, they don't load correctly. The only thing that shows up is the final message:

Quote:
This file was created with BookDesigner program
bookdesigner@the-ebook.org
6/26/2007
By the way, I didn't have this problem before updating BookDesigner.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try the following...

Load the HTML into your browser. Next save it as a complete web page. Then load the new HTML copy into BD and see how it goes. It's be interested to find out.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #41
Andanzas
Out of print

Now I get this error message:

Quote:
eReference Embedding

Cannot open windows registry
That looks like an installation problem, doesn't it? I guess I'll reinstall.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Now I get this error message:

That looks like an installation problem, doesn't it? I guess I'll reinstall.
Do you by any chance not have Microsoft Word installed?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 AM   #43
Andanzas
Out of print

Yes, I have Word 2000. Mmm, I just opened it to check my version and I got the same error message:

Quote:
eReference Embedding

Cannot open windows registry
Strange. I didn't notice any problem with Word before.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

When you load in a file to Book Designer, it sometimes uses Word to do the conversion to a format it understands. Looks like you will have to reinstall Word in order to ge BD to work. Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #45
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
Hi,

I need a simple utility to convert lots of txt or html files (some without extension even though they are txt or html) to lrf, or rtf, whatever format that can be easily read in sony reader, with no border, no need for special layout, just quick and batch, need to support unicode

I can code java very well, but I don't know anything about lrf or rtf format, if there's such module or code samples on that side that will help, I can easily build the rest.

I prefer not to install a whole package of things that i won't use. so far i copy and paste/merge into MS word and save as rtf, that works but can't batch. any java lib for rtf or lrf available?

thanks
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote