Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Terminal Illness
Terminal Illness began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
New iLiad clicking / flashing when off

Hey, just got my new iLiad Book Edition.
However upon plugging it in and charging it, its LED flashes green and the internal speaker makes a clicking sound at the rate it flashes.

Apart from that, it operates as expected. Is mine faulty?

Last edited by Terminal Illness; 03-24-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Terminal Illness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
That doesn't sound normal. Is it constantly doing it, or just at certain times (while booting, charging, only when off, only when on, etc)?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Terminal Illness

Thanks for your reply.

Its constantly doing it when its off. It stops when its on. But resumes again when shut down.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
That's definitely not normal. I'd contact their tech support and describe the problem, hopefully any repair will be covered under warranty.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Terminal Illness

Yeah I opened a ticket. Hopefully I can get a reply.

Repair should be under warranty or even by law since it was delivered that way. And I have effectively paid for defective goods.

What's more annoying is that I also ordered a cover and that has yet to be delivered.
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #6
Terminal Illness

Well upon waking up this morning, the flashing and clicking stopped. However trying to turn it on again resulted in more flashing and clicking. I had to flick the switch a 2nd time for it to boot up. No idea why it decided to fully turn off. Maybe everyweek? I did use it that day too.