Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
My problem with the Kindle Back button

i'm reading "the age of turbulence," which is really good btw. However, I've noticed that I occasionally hit the back button. i was viewing the table of contents so it takes me back there....but then there is no way to get back to where i was reading!!!! without specifically typing in the location. very irritating. of course if the previous thing u were looking at was the home page...then the bac kbutton takes u there and u can back to your location in the book by clicking the link to the book.

however, if the previous thing u were looking at was something like the table of contents....then accidently hitting back gets u completely lost.

anyone solve this? i think my solution for now is to always have the last thing i viewed be the home. this way i can find my place. but this seems kind of pathetic.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I changed how I hold it, and didn't hit the back button so much.

I now hold my Kindle in my right hand, with my thumb about a third of the way up the screen. I use my forefinger to turn pages.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
go to your nearest home center and buy some plastic drawer pulls then super glue them on the side of your Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote