Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
[AWOL] Context menu: Alter title text case

Awhile back I got a new computer, installed calibre, and started my library from scratch. I re-installed all the plugins I remembered using and set things up as best I recalled.

With one exception.

I remember that there was a fly-out submenu when right clicking on a book title that would offer the various text case options: switch to lowercase, switch to UPPERCASE, switch to Title Case, etc.

I vaguely recall that this was something that I had to manually add/tell calibre to include on the context menu but I cannot recall what/where/how. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is still there, right click on the field and select "Change Case"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Awhile back I got a new computer, installed calibre, and started my library from scratch. I re-installed all the plugins I remembered using and set things up as best I recalled.

With one exception.

I remember that there was a fly-out submenu when right clicking on a book title that would offer the various text case options: switch to lowercase, switch to UPPERCASE, switch to Title Case, etc.

I vaguely recall that this was something that I had to manually add/tell calibre to include on the context menu but I cannot recall what/where/how. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be appreciated.
If in the spreadsheet view: did you put the field in edit mode (F2 or double-click) first?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm in standard table view but I have no Change Case option on the context menu clicking on the Title. See attached screenshot. This is on v1.38.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Context Menu v1_38_0.png
Views:	151
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	124603  
Old 06-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
I'm in standard table view but I have no Change Case option on the context menu clicking on the Title. See attached screenshot. This is on v1.38.
As theducks said -- you are not in edit mode. In edit mode you do not get the context menu, you get the editing right-click menu with things like standard cut/copy/paste, undo/redo, Select All, and ... <drumroll> ... Change Case.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru

Sorry, I misread him to be saying don't use Edit Mode - what I get for reading quickly.

Anyway, I used to highlight several books, randomly as needed, and then Change Case>Title Case. Mostly because I would find case errors in clumps - but always while I was doing some other edits. Now, instead of doing what amounted to a bulk edit in two mouse clicks, I'll have to go the long way round (Edit Metadata in Bulk).

I haven't been editing metadata for the last couple months, so obviously this got changed sometime during my hiatus.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Sorry, I misread him to be saying don't use Edit Mode - what I get for reading quickly.

Anyway, I used to highlight several books, randomly as needed, and then Change Case>Title Case. Mostly because I would find case errors in clumps - but always while I was doing some other edits. Now, instead of doing what amounted to a bulk edit in two mouse clicks, I'll have to go the long way round (Edit Metadata in Bulk).

I haven't been editing metadata for the last couple months, so obviously this got changed sometime during my hiatus.
for several books, you must use Bulk mode.
With multi-select, there is no way to specify which FIELD an edit (option) would apply, which is why a edit context could never appear.

Note: you can us the change case anywhere in the Tab Browser that has a rename context active. Title is the one field that does NOT appear in the tag browser
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
Sabardeyn
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
With multi-select, there is no way to specify which FIELD an edit (option) would apply, which is why a edit context could never appear.
Well it used to work. /pout
Old 06-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Well it used to work. /pout
I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken. Oliver Cromwell - In a letter to the general assembly of the Church of Scotland (August 3, 1650)

Elsewise QED, s’il vous plaît ==>> Previous calibre releases

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote