Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
DzordanoBruno
DzordanoBruno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Question PRS T1 Wifi error

Hi Guys,
i have problem with my Reader. Sony-wifi doesn´t work, when i wont connect reader to wifi, reader has problem with searching. Reader is searching and searching and.....NOTHING. Before i installed czech fonts works fine, but audio + store and all stuff dont, then a try reinstall - dont work keyboard and thne dont work wifi.

I have last FW - 1.0.05.11130. I try fatory reset, reset, rescue fw and nothing.

THX for help and sorry - my english is horrible
DzordanoBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
DzordanoBruno
DzordanoBruno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Pleas have anyone rescue pack for this FW? Thx
DzordanoBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
ng1012
ng1012 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I got the same problem. Help!!
ng1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Restore for us firmware: http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...5.11130-us.zip
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Aldemar
Aldemar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I have the same problem, I tried running restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us, but I get the message "The device is not ready" type any key and the command window closes. I also tried running fix_permissions command, it runs, but the problem is not fixed
Aldemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Vsuol
Vsuol began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldemar View Post
I have the same problem, I tried running restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us, but I get the message "The device is not ready" type any key and the command window closes. I also tried running fix_permissions command, it runs, but the problem is not fixed
1Disconnect your device
2Run fix_permissions command
3Connect your device,data transfer mode
4Enter the letter of the Reader drive
Got flashed.........
Vsuol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
cWj
cWj began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-t1
having the same issue. this happened after I un-rooted (do to numerous crashes when hitting home key from browser).

I've tried hard resetting, and both restores to no avail. Now trying SD card rescue.

If doesn't get the connectivity working again, I'll try Vsuol. Please, come back and report if you have success getting your wifi going again.

Does anybody have an idea what is suddenly breaking our wifi?
cWj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Mihasi
Mihasi began at the beginning.

I'm having the same issue and none of the solutions seem to work either. Since this thread (and similary ones) haven't been active for a few months, is there any change for a miracle solution I overlooked?
Mihasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The lesson to learn is.... if you root your device sooner or later you are going to hit trouble if you want tablet functionality then buy a cheap tablet... the T1 is an e-book reader and is sold as such.. I rooted a previous T1 and it ended up bricked... I had to fast-talk a friendly tech in the local sony store to wipe the thing clean and restore the firmware so be warned !!!!
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry I meant to add to the above... I had that problem once and it turned out that the stored password had got trashed... try setting up a new connection that's what I ended up doing.. good luck
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Mihasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
The lesson to learn is.... if you root your device sooner or later you are going to hit trouble if you want tablet functionality then buy a cheap tablet...
True, but I didn't want tablet functionality when I bought the PRS-T1 two years ago. I don't want to buy a tablet, mainly because I don't like the idea of having/buying too much devices with only slightly different functionality. A laptop, smartphone and e-reader are more than enough for now. I'd also like to get away from backlit-screens from time to time.

There were two reasons why I rooted it: firstly, I wanted to be able to synchronize research papers to a native cloud app (the web browser is slow, as is to be expected). Secondly, I wanted to run the Amazon Kindle app since I've recently bought a couple of ebooks on Amazon that Calibre couldn't convert properly. I feel like I should have the right to freely choose both were I buy my ebooks and on which device I read them, especially considering the relatively high cost of some.

The rooting procedure seemed well documented, and if it ultimately bricks my device, so be it. I wouldn't try to root if I didn't have the means to buy a new one.

However, I would be very happy if I found a way to fix the wireless and avoid giving in to my desire for new technological toys. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
try setting up a new connection that's what I ended up doing.. good luck
Unfortunately, this is not it. Nothing happens when I try setting up a new connection, it just keeps on scanning for networks endlessly. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Last edited by Mihasi; 09-19-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: missing words
Old 09-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihasi View Post
Unfortunately, this is not it. Nothing happens when I try setting up a new connection, it just keeps on scanning for networks endlessly. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
My suggestion - just buy a new one then. Apparently that is not a problem from what you say.

And next time remember - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
bla
E bookworm

Are you sure everything is ok at the router end? It seems strange that it is not even detecting the network .. have you tried it close up to the router.. the antenna on the T1 is not the best.. I get 5 "bars" wifi strength on my laptop but only about 2 on the T1 at the same location but unless you have physically damaged your device a firmware restore should fix it.. are your other wifi devices working ok ?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Will it connect to any free wifi in another area?

You might double check that your home wifi isn't set up with a whitelist that only allows specific MAC addresses to connect. If the reader's MAC address isn't in the approved list of connections to allow, I don't think it even shows the connection then as yours is doing.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #15
Mihasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
My suggestion - just buy a new one then. Apparently that is not a problem from what you say.
Well, I never really used the wifi; it would only be useful for me in combination with the Kindle and Dropbox/Mendeley app. If I can't get it to work, I still have the exact same functionality as before rooting. No need to buy a new one. However, it would be nice to extend the functionality a bit. Since I don't know of a device with e-ink, native Dropbox/Mendeley/Kindle app, and touchscreen for note-taking, rooting the seems to be the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla
unless you have physically damaged your device a firmware restore should fix it.. are your other wifi devices working ok ?
My other devices are working fine on every wifi-location. Can't see how I would have physically damaged it (didn't drop/burn it, spill anything on it, etc), but a firmware restore (you are talking about Porkupan restore-set.zip file, right?) doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger
Will it connect to any free wifi in another area?
Nope, it doesn't find any network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger
If the reader's MAC address isn't in the approved list of connections to allow, I don't think it even shows the connection then as yours is doing.
I don't think there is a way for a wifi router to only broadcast the network to specific devices. Either the signal is broadcast, or it isn't. In my experience, devices not in the MAC-whitelist do see MAC-secured networks but cannot connect to them. My PRS-T1 doesn't see any networks at all. That being said, neither of the networks I'm trying to find is MAC-secured.

Last edited by Mihasi; 09-20-2013 at 04:20 AM. Reason: missing words