Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Print Preview in Sigil

Under Arch Linux, when I want to activate that command, I can't see anything, nothing is showed in the window that appears. It's me or there is a bug there?
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not sure. It worked for me on Arch last time I was testing it, but that's been a while. Are you using Sigil from the repos, or building your own? Qt5 or Qt6?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 12:34 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Under Arch Linux, when I want to activate that command, I can't see anything, nothing is showed in the window that appears. It's me or there is a bug there?
Never knew it was there until now - but same on Windows 10.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thinking of something else. I forgot those options in the File menu were even there.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:48 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Pretty sure these haven't worked for a long time.
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 02:04 PM   #6
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Are you using Sigil from the repos, or building your own? Qt5 or Qt6?
The issue is with both versions, from the repos and with the built from me (Qt5).
Old 02-09-2023, 02:06 PM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
I forgot those options in the File menu were even there.
Well, enable those options again in the next Sigil release
Old 02-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #8
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Pretty sure these haven't worked for a long time.
It seems that you are right; I have just checked Sigil 1.8.0 and the command doesn't work there either.

Last edited by RbnJrg; 02-09-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:37 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Does anyone have access to even earlier Sigil versions before 1.8? If so I would love to know under which version of Sigil this actually worked?

Also what kind of tab are you testing this with? xhtml, css, image, or ?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:25 PM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Does anyone have access to even earlier Sigil versions before 1.8?
Appears to be working in Sigil 0.9.8 (Windows).
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:44 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Also what kind of tab are you testing this with? xhtml, css, image, or ?
xhtml

Because it's in the File menu, I did assume it would be the entire book.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 05:16 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

PageEdit has a print feature that works. But it's only for individual xhtml files. We've talked about porting it to Sigil, but never got around to it. A PrintMyEpub feature (which would essentially be a conversion to pdf) is something that I think might make more sense as a plugin.

I'm guessing the original feature was made possible by Book View (*shudder*).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-09-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:21 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigil 0.9.8 used the old QtWebKit. Did this ever work with a QtWebEngine? Early versions of QtWebEngine did not support printing well (or at all as I remember). This may have been broken literally since that port to the newer QtWebEngine.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:26 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Yes. My guess is these broke when change to WebEngine happened. These actions are connecting to procedures that I can't find in Sigil. So I'm curious how the PrintPreview action even manages to open a dialog at all.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:34 PM   #15
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Those MainWindow actions are used to send signals to the current tab only. In this case, these requests should go to slots in Tabs/FlowTab.cpp which in turn passes it on to CodeViewEditor.cpp to be handled.

At least that is what it looks like.