Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 AM   #1
iveyleague
iveyleague began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Any way i can sync notes from my kindle paperwhite back to calibre ?

After i get through a book i would like to sync my notes from the kindle back to calibre. Is that possible ? I know one way is to select the book from kindle and save the mobi file and re-add it to the calibre library.

I would like to know if there is an auto sync feature to copy the notes.
Thanks.
iveyleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:38 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My Annotations plugin can fetch the annotations from the My Clippings.txt file and add them to a column in calibre.

Are you sure that saving the book that way works? While I don't have a Kindle, I pay attention to the handling of annotations and highlights on the different devices. I have never heard of a method sounding like before.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Although the OP was asking about Calibre, Kindle Mate is another way to save notes from your ereader.

https://kmate.me/
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:22 PM   #4
iveyleague

Thank you for your reply guys. Yes i was asking for calibre. I would like to copy all the books and the notes to either my PC or a new kindle. So that it can be shared with others.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #5
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I've been using the Annotations plugin for a few years and really like it. It allows you to fetch annotations from a connected kindle and adds them to the ebook in calibre.

If you want a separate file for your notes, they are automatically added to the MyClippings file, and you can just open that from your calibre library (after connecting your device), then copy/paste as needed.

Last edited by JaneD; 07-20-2019 at 10:19 PM.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
iveyleague

Thanks Jane that was helpful. So once it is added to my library, if i send that book to another kindle will the annotations be added as well ?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveyleague View Post
Thanks Jane that was helpful. So once it is added to my library, if i send that book to another kindle will the annotations be added as well ?
The Annotations plugin fetch the annotations from the device and put them in a column in the calibre library. It cannot send them back to the device as annotations. At the most, they can be added to the metadata for the book.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:07 PM   #8
TylerTork
TylerTork began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have a Kindle Fire and would like to get this working.

While I don't know Python, I'm a longtime software professional and if I have an example to work from of the code for a similar model, I'm confident I can get it working.
TylerTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:19 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTork View Post
While I don't know Python, I'm a longtime software professional and if I have an example to work from of the code for a similar model, I'm confident I can get it working.
I don't know what is possible with the Fire. It depends on where and how the annotations are stored. The Annotations plugin needs to be able to access the annotations when the device is connected to the USB port. For the devices that the plugin supports, the annotations are in a file or database that can be seen and opened. For the Fire, you would need to see where they are stored and if it is accessible. It is likely that this has been discussed in the forum or elsewhere and a search should find it. Otherwise, looking through what is visible when the device is connected is a starting point.