Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 01:22 AM   #1
Raphi'Elohim
Banned
Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: NOOK Glowlight plus 2
Thumbs up Debian 10.0 Buster to be released today

For those of you wanting a newer Debian release or want to upgrade from stretch 9.9 unless some catastropic bug shows up Debian 10.0 Buster is to be released sometime today.

I have MXLinux installed , in difficulty level it is between Ubuntu and Debian, because I was waiting for a more modern stable release of either Slackware or Debian so now I have it Debian.

I keep a windows 10 , on an old AMD phenom x4, downstairs, in my basement because it's easier to setup things like cracking DRM from all sources on it.

Debian 10.0 Buster will be installed on a Lenovo budget minded laptop intel pentium core i3 , without SSD but with 1 terabyte of disk space, and 4 Gigs of ram.

I am preparing the ISO on a usb stick now for the install media.

Here is the announcement from the Debian mailing list :

https://lists.debian.org/debian-deve.../msg00003.html

P.S. Ubuntu is an ancient African word for : "I can't install Debian"
Raphi'Elohim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My raspberry pi is running Raspbian buster, which is mostly a recompile of Debian for armv6 with hard float, and my seedbox is running Debian Buster armhf.

Only thing I have running Stretch is the container in Crostini on my Chromebooks...
Anyway, I hope I'm around to slap the torrents on my seedbox and do some bandwidth donation.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Raphi'Elohim
Banned
Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
My raspberry pi is running Raspbian buster, which is mostly a recompile of Debian for armv6 with hard float, and my seedbox is running Debian Buster armhf.

Only thing I have running Stretch is the container in Crostini on my Chromebooks...
Anyway, I hope I'm around to slap the torrents on my seedbox and do some bandwidth donation.
Ok, thanks for sharing. I installed Buster last night and I set everything up just how I like it already. I would put the difficulty of modern Debian on par with Fedora rather than Arch linux and Gentoo. I started using Linux in 1997 but since then used it on and off because I was using either NetBSD, FreeBSD or OpenBSD at the time.

I don't like Fedora because Redhat is like it's own platform now rather than like a vanilla Linux e.g. slackware and Debian is more vanilla than Ubuntu.

The BSDs gave me a craving for stability on my workstations so that is the reason I don't use Arch and Gentoo is dying IMHO.

So as far as Arch goes *BSD gave me the attitude : I don't care how fast something is if it comes at the cost of stability or security it is stupid !

Last edited by Raphi'Elohim; 07-06-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm getting impatient for the release... and I'm just waiting for the torrents to be released so I can slap them on my seedbox for a while
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Raphi'Elohim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'm getting impatient for the release... and I'm just waiting for the torrents to be released so I can slap them on my seedbox for a while
I just randomly checked their webpage and it is officially released.