Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Hi Amanda, you should be fine with the version that you've got - anything but the default first release firmware (0724).

If you haven't already, remember to try opening a couple of the books before you go, just to be 100% sure they work.

Have a lovely holiday!
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #17
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Quote:
will keep an eye on the forum whilst away (because I'm a sad person!)
No in the least sad! These forums are amazing - I had a problem with authorizing my replacement Cool-er, had created a problem report through the Adobe Portal... They still haven't come up with a solution.

In the meantime, I searched for something similar on the mobileread forums - and replied to someone else's similar thread. And within hours, one of the forum members had sent me a link to an Adobe forum, with a solution that worked!

Isn't the internet an amazing support community...!

I hope you have a lovely holiday - and happy ereading.
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #18
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
1st day of e-reading completed with only 1 re-set! Thanks for the tip to save books and firmware on the sd card as the books on Dig Editions on the cool-er are no longer there for some reason. So am I happily reading my sd card or my cool-er!!!
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
Has anyone else noticed a bug in this firmware? I'll be paging through my library when suddenly it will pick one book, and give all the books after it in the libary the same name and author (but not thumbnails - those don't change). If i then page back, all the books before it also get its name and author. It takes a power cycle to get the details correct again, and it's happened on 3 different books so far, so I don't think it's a corrupt file.

I've mailed them, but no reply so far...
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #20
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
Has anyone else noticed a bug in this firmware? I'll be paging through my library when suddenly it will pick one book, and give all the books after it in the libary the same name and author (but not thumbnails - those don't change). If i then page back, all the books before it also get its name and author. It takes a power cycle to get the details correct again, and it's happened on 3 different books so far, so I don't think it's a corrupt file.

I've mailed them, but no reply so far...
What type of sorting for the books do you have set up? Is it setup by date? author? book title? recent?

I have not seen this problem myself, I have mine set up to sort my books by author.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert