Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Warren Buffet wants a Kindle.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/25611490

Quote:
Today he told CNBC he'll "probably" get an Amazon Kindle as he "edges" into 21st century technology.

In an on-camera chat with our Julia Boorstin at Herb Allen's annual gathering of the rich and famous in Sun Valley, Idaho, Buffett said he's impressed by the wireless electronic book reader after hearing other attendees give it "wildly enthusiastic" reviews.
Quote:
Julia: Does this mean you're going to be getting a Kindle?

Buffett: I probably will, after hearing about it today. And I ran into a number of people that have Kindles and who are just in love with them. In fact, a woman that is the wife of another attendee here, came in on the plane with us, and she was using a Kindle and was wildly enthusiastic about it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well .... if he wants one, he can certainly afford it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know. His retirement income may not go as far in this economy.

I'm waiting for Oprah's announcement (I wouldn't be surprised).
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I wonder if he will use the free shipping or upgrade to the overnight shipping
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I wonder if he will use the free shipping or upgrade to the overnight shipping
He didn't get to be that rich by blowing money on overnight shipping.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:

Well that's it If Oprah puts it on her favorite things show, I guess I will just break down and get one!!!!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
chef
Enthusiast
chef is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Funny you mention it because I was thinking Warren Buffett is the "Oprah" to investors. Anything he gets behind is bound to take off and make tons of money.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
Funny you mention it because I was thinking Warren Buffett is the "Oprah" to investors. Anything he gets behind is bound to take off and make tons of money.
I was reading your mind.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Well, I think there's a bit of a difference between him saying he would enjoy having one as a consumer and him saying it's a great investment as an enterprise.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I'd been hoping an Oprah endorsement would really give e-books a boost in the public eye. But didn't she already endorse the Sony reader once before?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I'd been hoping an Oprah endorsement would really give e-books a boost in the public eye. But didn't she already endorse the Sony reader once before?
I don't know. Her site is going through some changes so the search is not working. I would think she would endorse Bezos because he's was involved with her Angle Network for a while (maybe he is still). He's been on her show before.

I hope the Kindle will be one of her "Favorite Things" this holiday season.