Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Calibre not downloading metadata or cover images from Amazon?

I have several versions of Calibre, from 0.9.11 running on FreeBSD to 0.9.27 running on Windows and Ubuntu, and none of them appear to be able to download metadata or cover images from Amazon. Are others seeing this? Is there any way to fix it?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I have several versions of Calibre, from 0.9.11 running on FreeBSD to 0.9.27 running on Windows and Ubuntu, and none of them appear to be able to download metadata or cover images from Amazon. Are others seeing this? Is there any way to fix it?
I'm running 0.9.28 and have no problem downloading metadata or covers from Amazon.com This includes at least the last two versions as well. Are you certain Amazon is selected under metadata download configuration? Under Preferences - Plugins - Metadata source plugin is the Amazon plugin disabled?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I upgraded the FreeBSD systems to 0.9.27 and played with their metadata source plugins and they are all working now. Odd, since the Amazon metadata plugin was enabled. Maybe Amazon changed something and my plugins were out of date.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote