Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
A Shakespearean Baseball Game

If you like baseball, you should watch this video.
If you like Shakespeare, you should watch this video.
If you like classic humor, you should watch this video.

Here at youtube.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Cute. Wayne & Schuster were everywhere in the late 50s and early 60s.

Parts of it were also included in the Firesign Theater early 1970s album "TV or Not TV"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
My favorite of their routines is "Rinse the Blood Off My Toga!" which is a rework of Julius Caesar as though it had been written by Mickey Spillane (of The Maltese Falcon fame), and then done up as a TV detective show. But I do not recommend the version of that routine that is up on youtube -- it's been butchered!

I have an old Wayne and Shuster LP that includes audio-only versions of both of these sketches, along with "I Was a TV Addict" (a thoroughly forgettable true-confessions style routine) and "Frontier Psychiatrist" (a sendup of a totally stereotyped Freudian analyst in the Old West).

A few quotes from FP:
"This program is respectfully dedicated to those brave pioneers -- the Frontier Psychiatrists -- who brought mental health to the West!"

"Tell me... When did you first discover you hated your horse?" <--Viennese accent
"I don't hate my horse!" <--bad "cowboy" accent
"Then when did you first discover your horse hated you?"

and on, and on.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
This actually reminds me a ton of the Conan O'Brian 1864 baseball skit --
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd1...-1864-baseball