Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
Hanlin / EZ Reader / BeBook ?

Is there any significant differences between these three devices other than rebranding and regional availability? BeBook appears to have a much better website (as well as the associated MyBeBook forums). Is the firmware even that different? Again, BeBook's website is more readable and indicates better format support, but ... ?
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The hardware is identical. The firmware also seems to be (completely, or mostly) directly from Jinke, but in any case you can use any firmware in any device (identical hardware).

I agree that BeBook has a very good web site. Astak is trying to get the EZ Reader into stores in the US, and it is currently available at Fry's.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
The lBook firmware seems to be the only one that is noticeably different from the others (different looking bookshelf in the latest release...). Be warned that changing firmwares can change your Mobipocket ID, which is important if you've bought secure Mobipocket books. The latest release (February 2009 from BeBook) seems to fix that. I don't know whether the Hanlin V2.02 from Jan 20, 2009 incorporates that fix already or not.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
well some of the users on the feb update for the bebook have reported changed pids too (although this doesnt seem to affect everyone).

yes the bebook site is ok, but the forum is mainly community driven - i find it sometimes takes ages for bebook support to respond (if they do at all). still its a healthy community.
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
well some of the users on the feb update for the bebook have reported changed pids too (although this doesnt seem to affect everyone).

yes the bebook site is ok, but the forum is mainly community driven - i find it sometimes takes ages for bebook support to respond (if they do at all). still its a healthy community.
I suspect the feb change changed them back to what they were originally. Fixing bugs sometimes does this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect the feb change changed them back to what they were originally. Fixing bugs sometimes does this.

Dale
I suspect that is using the PID from the desktop mobireader, therefore if you have registered the windows version of mobireader you are good.
Anyway, I prefer the lbook firmware http://www.lbook.com.ua/downloads/ (the last two 2.12 are beta).
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I just got my EZ Reader today at Frys. They have a special and it was $249. With a 2 gig sd card.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Good deal. My EZ Reader is my favorite now that I have OpenInkPot firmware on it.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
$249!!! So Annoyed!! I bought mine 2 weeks ago from Fry's when they had it on sale for $269!
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Is there an online option for getting an EZ Book?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Is there an online option for getting an EZ Book?
Looks like Astak sells online at...
http://www.mobiebook.com/buyezreader.asp

or these guys have them...
http://www.compsource.com/ttechnote....vid=2314&src=F
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Looks like Astak sells online at...
http://www.mobiebook.com/buyezreader.asp

or these guys have them...
http://www.compsource.com/ttechnote....vid=2314&src=F
Or Fry's electronics

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
pshrynk

Quote:
Tried that already, but they have only in store pick up and none in WI. Or MN.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Only if you have a store nearby, no delivery is available. No stores here in MN unfortunately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote