Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Ennilyn
Ennilyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Question Content server on pogoplug

Hi there.

I'm hoping to get the calibre content server running on my pogoplug hdd, but I'm not sure how it works.

I know, I could simply copy my library to the pogoplug and access via the pogoplug interface, but I would like to use the content server interface with its filters and options and so on.

I could also move my library to the pogoplug an manage my library there, but that would most likely be too slow and I would have to adjust a couple of more things.

So could I, I don't know, copy my library to the pogoplug and install the content server on the pogoplug as well?

Don't know if you can make any sense of what I'm writing ...

Please!

Thanks a lot, Ennilyn
Ennilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You'd need to be able to install software to the device.

I found a few guides on Google for installing a fully-enabled linux system on the pogoplug. You might want to explore there...

This may or may not work, depending on what and how recent linuxes are available to be installed on Pogoplug hardware. I know people have used Raspberry PIs for this purpose, and a big problem was the unavailability of an ARM build. There is a pretty old version of calibre built for ARM architecture, I believe, somewhere on the Raspberry PI forums or something, but I don't know how usable that may be. Years-old versions of software are never as good as the version out now.

I am guessing the Pogoplug uses ARM, so you may be limited to that build, whatever version it may be.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
content server, pogoplug