Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Is there a way to bulk delete other formats?

In the past I've been saving all formats of my ebooks. When I purchased them, I usually downloaded all formats just in case; when converting where needed, I always saved the old formats even though I didn't use them. But I've come to realize I'll never ever use anything except epubs, there's zero chance of me ever switching to a Kindle for instance.

So I decided to just clean up my library and delete all the various .mobi, .lit, .txt, etc. files I converted from. I was hoping there was some easy way through Calibre to do it without going to each individual book and right clicking the format and selecting delete, because there's several hundred of them.

I tried deleting a file through Windows Explorer, then reopening Calibre, hoping it would no longer show the format just deleted, but that doesn't work... the format you just deleted is still shown in the description until you manually delete it under the comments section.

Is there any way to do this that I'm missing? Or a way to force Calibre to recognize that some files have been deleted through Explorer?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the remove books button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Thank you! (and such a quick response too! hehe) I figured there had to be a way.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
MooseFam5
Enthusiast
MooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook STR, Nook Tablet
There sure is! Select the books in question, then click the down arrow next to "Remove books." There are a few options to accomplish what you are looking to do. Just pay attention to whether you are selecting a format to KEEP or DISCARD and choose accordingly. Sounds like you could use "Remove all formats from selected books, except..." and select EPUB.

I'm no expert with this great program but I've picked this up- don't make changes to the Calibre library outside the application (such as deleting files from Windows). From what I've seen, Calibre has all the tools to manage your digital library. Making changes to the library outside Calibre is just asking for headaches.

Good luck and please check back in with any questions!
MooseFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote