Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
tymanthius
tymanthius began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Auto Import Books on headless Server

I am currently running an ubuntu headless server that has calibre running on it just fine.

However, Calibre does not appear to be automagically importing my books from the folder I specified in the Auto add section of the add books menu.

Do I have to log in & run the Calibre gui for this to function? Or is there a way to make it completely automated?

Hopefully I'm just missing something.
tymanthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to have a working inotify system on linux for auto add to work. And note that auto add only works when you run the calibre GUI, not only the calibre-server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
tymanthius
tymanthius began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to have a working inotify system on linux for auto add to work. And note that auto add only works when you run the calibre GUI, not only the calibre-server.
So, in short, I can't do what I wish. That's sad. Maybe it will come in later.

I'm ok with having to occasionally remote in & manually import books. I may even look at running a script to do it, if the command line options will support this.

Any info on that, perhaps?
tymanthius is offline   Reply With Quote