Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #346
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Thank you, I'll give it another try as soon as I have some new books to organise.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:17 AM   #347
Phoenix12
Phoenix12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Fetching series doesn't seem to be working properly for me, it works for some books, but not others, they have a series on Goodreads and it's the only source enabled.
But then when I get to review, it shows no series.

Code:
#################### Log for Storm Front ####################
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'identifiers': {u'google': u'_5vgMgEACAAJ', u'goodreads': u'16242288', u'isbn': u'9781401305628'}, u'authors': [u'Richard Castle'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Storm Front'} 
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 1, 12) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads (1, 1, 12) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.28999996185 

--- 
Title               : Storm Front
Author(s)           : Richard Castle
Publisher           : Hyperion
Tags                : Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Adventure
Series              : Derrick Storm #4
Languages           : eng
Rating              : 1.9
Published           : 2013-05-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : goodreads:16242288, isbn:9781401324902
Comments            : 
With the help of a beautiful and mysterious foreign agent--with whom Storm is becoming romantically and professionally entangled--he discovers that Volkov's treachery has embroiled a wealthy hedge-fund manager and a U.S. senator. In a heated race against time, Storm chases Volkov's shadow from Paris, to the lair of a computer genius in Iowa, to the streets of Manhattan, then through a bullet-riddled car chase on the New Jersey Turnpike. In the process, Storm uncovers a plot that could destroy the global economy--unleashing untold chaos--which only he can stop.

Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16242288-aaaa' 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 2.42 seconds 
The longest time (2.290000) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.27 seconds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_2017-08-21_08-10-02.png
Views:	267
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	158589   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_2017-08-21_08-11-02.png
Views:	339
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	158590  
Phoenix12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #348
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you drill down on each source (The configure source button near the bottom)?
Each source also has ticks for what is available from THEM.

You get to 'Cherry Pick" metadata fields. (Useful when multiple sources are enabled)
Series from 'A", Comments from 'C", Authors from 'all'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #349
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
did you drill down on each source (The configure source button near the bottom)?

You get to 'Cherry Pick" metadata fields. (Useful when multiple sources are enabled)
@theducks, it happens to me too. Series does not download in bulk metadata but it does in single edit.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #350
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@theducks, it happens to me too. Series does not download in bulk metadata but it does in single edit.
I mostly use Ctl-D these days.
I do notice the series index tends to get set to 1 and not the number
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #351
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I mostly use Ctl-D these days.
I do notice the series index tends to get set to 1 and not the number
I have to use both because of this issue
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #352
Phoenix12
Phoenix12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:

yes, everything is enabled
some books in the same download get a series, others don't, but they all have one on Goodreads.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Phoenix12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #353
NeillB
NeillB began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Metadata search of Amazon fails

I tried to download metadata for a book (Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide To Magic Book 1)) and it failed with the following diagnostic report:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'timeout': 30, u'title': u"Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide To Magic Book 1)", u'identifiers': {u'mobi-asin': u'B06XQ1WHJL'}, u'authors': [u'Helen Harper']}
Using plugins: Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 0)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Amazon.com (1, 2, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 0.478999853134
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
Server: auto
Making google query: https://www.google.com/search?q=Slou...www.amazon.com
Plugin Amazon.com failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 48, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 1342, in identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 1278, in search_search_engine
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\search_en gines.py", line 230, in google_search
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\search_en gines.py", line 65, in query
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 284, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_opener.py", line 195, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 352, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 340, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\browser.py", line 28, in https_open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1160, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

The identify phase took 2.00 seconds
The longest time (1.901000) was taken by: Google
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

Any ideas?
NeillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #354
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeillB View Post
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
You would get better/faster help asking in a more general forum thread as this error has nothing to do with this plugin specifically.

You will need to be provide more information for this kind of question. What OS are you running on, what calibre version, are you behind a proxy, etc.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #355
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeillB;3574294
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
That usually means something in the certificate handling on the machine hasn't been updated recently. I think it the CA. On Windows, opening the site in a browser usually solves it. Not sure about Linux.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #356
NeillB
NeillB began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
SSL Failed

davidfor,
Thanks for the hint. I tried accessing the site with Firefox and no joy. However, when I used Edge, the problem was resolved. Micro$oft strikes again!
NeillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #357
Merritt
Merritt began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Is there a way to grab the covers of multiple editions of a book to choose from?

For example, I have Goodreads set as my only metadata source, and I checked "Scan multiple editions..." thinking that was the option I was looking for, and made sure to clear the ISBN first.

Unfortunately I only get 1 cover option

Looking at the Goodreads website, there are 68 editions of this book on file.

There is a specific version with a cover I'd much rather use.

So I am hoping there is a way to pull in all these various covers?
Apologies if I am missing something obvious.
Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #358
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I use the Search the Internet plugin: Search Google for images (there are other choices)
then I drag and drop the cover.
Note: click the thumbnail first or you get that size
Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #359
CndChaos
CndChaos began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt View Post
Is there a way to grab the covers of multiple editions of a book to choose from?
So I am hoping there is a way to pull in all these various covers?
Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

You can change which goodreads edition Calibre grabs information from by doing the following:

In the Edit Metadata Individually you can change the "goodreads:0000000" value in the "Ids" field. For example, for the cover you are looking for you can change (or add if it is not in the "Ids" field) this: 'goodreads:20494154" (without the quotes).

This will force calibre to download all the data from that one edition, as well as offer up that cover to download.

Oh, and to find that value when you are looking at the edition you want on goodreads, the id is in the url:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20494154-maskerade

It might be a bit tedious, and I really only do it when the amount of metadata returned is less than I would expect (no series, one line plot description, etc)
CndChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #360
Merritt
Merritt began at the beginning.

Device: Android
CndChaos,

That is a little tedious, but for the occasional book that tries to bring in an unacceptable cover it will work for now.

I just tested it and it works well.

Thank you!
Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata