Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Bunter
Bunter began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Internal browser

I'm a bit confused on the internal Iliad browser, it seems to be a version of Minimo. However, I've seen people trying to compile minimo... Is there a catch with internal browser? It seemed very limited (no address bar, little navigation). I'm still obsessed with an idea to have RSS really downloaded by device itself but reading those feeds requires decent HTML browser.

Last edited by Bunter; 08-12-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I know more
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Bunter

Nevermind, internal browser has at least some basic level CSS/tables support, good enough for me. I can write little server side application consolidating all the feeds I follow to a single zip file including css and images and little script downloading it to the iLiad and just unpack it. Now, has anybody ported wget already ?
Advert
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Bunter

Nevermind the wget as well. Found it already from the comic downloader
Old 08-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Looks like you're pretty good at answering your own questions.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can FireFox be compiled for the ilIad?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

While I'm sure it's possible, firefox is way too memory intensive to run on a device like that. Minimo would be a better solution (iRex's version is severely crippled), but I had problems when trying to get it compiled and running.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:53 AM   #7
Bunter

Yes, too keyboard happy I am. Anyways, another question: has irex published any other "standard" application source code besides ipdf? I would love to play around with current notes application a bit.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
While I'm sure it's possible, firefox is way too memory intensive to run on a device like that. Minimo would be a better solution (iRex's version is severely crippled), but I had problems when trying to get it compiled and running.
DISCLAIMER: I have almost NO experience programming, so maybe my question may seem very dumb!

If I got that out of the way, here I go: Would it be possible to port a browser that it is based on the Mozilla engine, but it is a lot lighter. One that I use is K-meleon? It is very light on resources and very fast. I know there are other out there maybe even lighter.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranghel View Post
DISCLAIMER: I have almost NO experience programming, so maybe my question may seem very dumb!

If I got that out of the way, here I go: Would it be possible to port a browser that it is based on the Mozilla engine, but it is a lot lighter. One that I use is K-meleon? It is very light on resources and very fast. I know there are other out there maybe even lighter.
It looks like the browser you posted is Windows only.

Minimo is exactly that though, it's based on the Mozilla engine, and engineered for mobile devices.