Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
smitjb
smitjb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Post PRS-505 doesn't recognise memory stick.

My PRS-505 has stopped recognising my memory stick.

It used to work fine, but the other day I 'lost' all my books and collections.
The memory stick itself seems to be OK, as I can plug it into my PC and browse it and the books are there.

It also seems to be electrically connected to the Reader because when I connect the reader to my laptop both the OS and Calibre are able to see the memory stick.

When I disconnect the reader from my laptop it scanns for new books and only shows books in main memory.

I have tried deleting media.xml with no effect.

Is this a known problem? Any solutions?
smitjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've tried reformatting it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Could this be the PDF vs EPUB problem? Do you have PDFs and EPUBs checked out from libraries?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
smitjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've tried reformatting it?
Do you mean reformatting on my PC, or is there some way of doing it on the Reader.

I any case, the fact that I can read it on other devices means the filesystem is intact so I'm not sure how this would help.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
smitjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Could this be the PDF vs EPUB problem? Do you have PDFs and EPUBs checked out from libraries?
What is the PDF vs EPUB problem? I have a mixture of file types, including PDFs and EPUBs, but not from libraries.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitjb View Post
Do you mean reformatting on my PC, or is there some way of doing it on the Reader.

I any case, the fact that I can read it on other devices means the filesystem is intact so I'm not sure how this would help.
It could still be an issue, there are different types of formatting, it's worth a shot.

The EPUB/PDF issue is one that is related only to library checkouts (as I understand it) which will not allow the reader to display the books. Gives an error when opening, I think. I've never had it happen cause I avoid PDFs like the plague.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
jayh3
jayh3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
I found that after adding ebooks or audiobooks to the memory stick drive and disconnecting the Sony from the PC that I take the stick out after it syncs and insert it again. It will sync again and everything shows up.
jayh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't reply to a 3-year-old thread. Nobody's going to want to continue the conversation after so long.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote