Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Arrow PRS-505 Change Orientation Clockwise instead of Anticlockwise ???

Hi Hello! I have been searching all the web for this.

I have a Sony PRS-505 and when you long-press the zoom button it turns the screen anticlockwise for a larger display of text. The thing is however that I am right-handed as 90-91% of the entire adult population of the earth.

I find it very annoying having to change pages with my left-hand. Does anyone know of any hack on how to change the orientation of the screen so that when you long press the zoom button it goes towards the left side (turns clockwise) instead of the current format?

Thanks a bunch for any help you can give. I'm sure everyone would appreciate your help. I know I would! Cheers.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
bristoljon
bristoljon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Yeh, Same problem on the PRS 300.

Soooo stupid of Sony to make it that way round..

Any hacks would be massively appreciated!
bristoljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
All Sony devices rotate the same direction. I do not know of any hacks that change this.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Hi Hello! I have been searching all the web for this.

I have a Sony PRS-505 and when you long-press the zoom button it turns the screen anticlockwise for a larger display of text. The thing is however that I am right-handed as 90-91% of the entire adult population of the earth.

I find it very annoying having to change pages with my left-hand. Does anyone know of any hack on how to change the orientation of the screen so that when you long press the zoom button it goes towards the left side (turns clockwise) instead of the current format?

Thanks a bunch for any help you can give. I'm sure everyone would appreciate your help. I know I would! Cheers.
It's not actually a hack, there is a technique you could try if you make your own ebooks as PDFs: Format them in landscape orientation facing the way that you want. Rather than relying on my ereader to reformat my ebooks to make them more readable (such as increasing the size of the font or to make them landscape), I format them so they will display on my reader exactly as I want at the default size and orientation.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, modification, orientation, prs-505, sony