Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #25756
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Congrats on the upcoming anniversaries!

Topping off a late dinner with a cup of fresh blueberries and strawberries.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #25757
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Glass of Languedoc white wine.

All on my own at home. Mrs B and the kids are on holiday with my parents while I'm at home keeping the wheels of industry turning. And it's our 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow - I think it'll be the first one we've spent apart.
Congrats! I hope that you are able to celebrate at a later date.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #25758
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Love is but the song we sing,
And fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Know the dove is on the wing
And you need not know why
C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try and love one another right now

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ )

Good morning, everyone! A new month starting out... beginnings... I like that!
So this morning I've decided to drink the new English Breakfast tea that I found the other day. It's a great way to begin a new day in a new month! With a bowl of Pad Grapow Gai, a spicy minced chicken and green beans with basil dish, and a veggie omelet, I'm ready to challenge the day! Bring it on!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #25759
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy 21st and 17th anniversary Bilbo and VydorScope!

Fresh coffee in my cup and enjoying a slice of cake.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #25760
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Good morning, everyone! A new month starting out... beginnings... I like that!
Stitchawl
Not to mention PAY DAY. The one day I feel like I actually have money... but don't worry it wont last long enough to go to my head
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #25761
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tea Gardner's Pu Erh in my cup. Yogurt with fresh strawberries in my bowl.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #25762
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Not to mention PAY DAY. The one day I feel like I actually have money... but don't worry it wont last long enough to go to my head
That sounds like my monthly payday.

Fresh coffee in my cup, as I get ready for the day.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #25763
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Trying a new English Breakfast this morning, from Peet's. I was down in Redmond yesterday, and made a quick swing by the local Peet's to pick up some Lion Mountain Keemun. But they were out, so I got an extra 1/4 Lb of Phoenix Mountain Oolong, and had them make me a pot of English Breakfast at 208F. Very good, actually. Definitely one I can drink without milk, though it will certainly hold up to milk. An almost citrus note to it. So I bought a 1/4 Lb tin and I'm having it this morning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #25764
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where the walker runs down to the Carson Valley Plain
There lived a maiden, Darcy Farrow was her name
The daughter of old Dundee and a fair one was she
The sweetest flower that bloomed oer the range

Her voice was as sweet as the sugar candy
Her touch was as soft as a bed of goose down
Her eyes shone bright like the pretty lights
That shone in the night out of Yerrington town

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMswQRt8C2A )

Wonderful song! Sounds like a genuine 'folk song.' Was 'supposed to.' It was written as part of a graduate dissertation in Musicology 'to sound like a genuine folk song' by Ewan MacColl in (I think) 1957 at McGill University.

Good morning, everyone! TGIF! Hanna Kin! POTS! Any way you look at it, it's the close of another week. Calendar week, that is. These days I have to keep an automatic calendar on my desk to know where in the year I am! God, I love it! I may even throw away my watch!

A big mug of my new English Breakfast tea beside me, as I get ready to go visit the Food Lady. I think it's time for me to cut back on the amount that I've been eating. I'm not putting on weight, but I feel like I'm eating too much, especially now that I have a motorbike again. I need to walk more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Trying a new English Breakfast this morning, from Peet's. ..............SNIP........... So I bought a 1/4 Lb tin and I'm having it this morning.
Isn't it fun buying new tea? It's like playing the slot machines! Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little, and sometimes you really hit the jackpot! Enjoy your new tea!

Stitchawl
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #25765
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, a little bit of Xmas crossed with The Price is Right. What IS behind that door? Or, in this case, in that tin. Sometimes it's a winner, sometimes it's a "binner".
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #25766
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Where the walker runs down to the Carson Valley Plain
There lived a maiden, Darcy Farrow was her name
The daughter of old Dundee and a fair one was she
The sweetest flower that bloomed oer the range

Her voice was as sweet as the sugar candy
Her touch was as soft as a bed of goose down
Her eyes shone bright like the pretty lights
That shone in the night out of Yerrington town

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMswQRt8C2A )

Wonderful song! Sounds like a genuine 'folk song.' Was 'supposed to.' It was written as part of a graduate dissertation in Musicology 'to sound like a genuine folk song' by Ewan MacColl in (I think) 1957 at McGill University.

Good morning, everyone! TGIF! Hanna Kin! POTS! Any way you look at it, it's the close of another week. Calendar week, that is. These days I have to keep an automatic calendar on my desk to know where in the year I am! God, I love it! I may even throw away my watch!

A big mug of my new English Breakfast tea beside me, as I get ready to go visit the Food Lady. I think it's time for me to cut back on the amount that I've been eating. I'm not putting on weight, but I feel like I'm eating too much, especially now that I have a motorbike again. I need to walk more!

Isn't it fun buying new tea? It's like playing the slot machines! Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little, and sometimes you really hit the jackpot! Enjoy your new tea!

Stitchawl
you can't throw away the watch! you'll miss your music sessions!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #25767
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you can't throw away the watch! you'll miss your music sessions!
The calendar on my iPhone reminds me the day before, and an hour before. I turned a Leo Kotke riff into a ringtone to alert me to my music sessions. Actually, I think I'm using my iPhone to alert me to just about everything these days. I use it to play music. I use it to read books. I use it for maps. I use it for almost anything I do. I wonder if I'll ever use it as a phone?

Mid-afternoon mug of Lapsang Souchong today as I watch all the water in the world come down outside my window. I made an early run to the home center to buy a large drill bit. Today I'm going to drill through my sink and begin the installation of a four-tank under-sink water filter so we can stop buying water. I've never installed a water filter before, but how hard can it be? (Famous last words...)

Stitchawl
Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #25768
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Seven Bing Chi Pu erh with my yogurt.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #25769
CRussel
(he/him/his)

A cool day today, a good day for starting some sausage. On the agenda, then, are batches of Kielbasa and Pepperoni -- those are smoked so they won't be finished until Monday -- and a batch of Minnesota style Bratwurst.

Another mug of Peet's English Breakfast tea.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #25770
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness! Hot & humid & icky!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?