Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #7606
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
While on the Flaresolverr thing anyways, is is possible to check cache first and then 'fall back' to Flaresolverr? Currently I think it's exclusive.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #7607
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...ProxyFeatures:
Quote:
Proxy settings overrides use_cloudscraper, but use_browser_cache (and use_browser_cache_only) are still applied, even if a proxy is configured. So a user can configure both, using the saved browser cache version when available, and the proxy when it's not. Only one proxy may be used at a time, but which one can be selected by site.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2022, 01:27 PM   #7608
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's good. I must've been thinking of Cloudscraper.

Also, the colon at the end of your url breaks it.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:22 AM   #7609
Da Man
Da Man began at the beginning.

Device: none
Did flaresolverr 2.2.9 stop working? I last tried 13 days ago and it worked fine for FFN, now I only get this response after a two minute long wait:

HTTP Error in FFF '500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: http://localhost:8191/v1'(500)
Da Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:09 AM   #7610
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently so.

If you look a few posts back, we were talking about trying to get a FSv3 beta working.
Advert
Old 10-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #7611
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 4.17.0 - 2022-10-19
- Update Tranlsations
- Fix site name fanfiction.tenhawkpresents.ink
- Flaresolverr v3 beta using 'expiry' cookie key, was 'expires'.
- Flaresolverr v3 beta doesn't have 'headers'??
- adapter_adultfanfictionorg: Fixes for site changes.
- Disable Cancel during metadata update ProgBar.
- adapter_chosentwofanficcom: Site has several links to each story in a series page.
- Fixes for add_category/genre_when_multi_category settings. #884
Old 10-18-2022, 05:23 PM   #7612
Keybounce
Enthusiast
Keybounce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle (various)
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong (or is this just an old version of base calibre)?

If I download an epub, and I have add to css set to add indentation to paragraphs (instead of double spacing), I get no indentation.

I can confirm that the new css is in the book (unzip, and look at stylesheet, and it is there).

If I convert, either to mobi (reader is kindle) or to epub (huh, odd you can convert to itself; odder still is that it actually makes changes), then the paragraph indents work.

It seems to only be an unconverted, downloaded ebook.

The affected readers are both the built-in one in Calibre (3.48, hence my concern about being old), and iBooks on mac 10.12 (*finally* figured out how to get it to read a book, given that there is no open file nor add to collection that works with a file on my computer. Never mind that even that version can't let me select a font (even kindle keyboards let me use my choice for alt font) or choose my own background color, and apple's extremely limited selection stinks.)

I am using calibre 3.48 because my primary OS -- mac 10.9.5 -- cannot run anything newer, and I want the same database of books to work whichever OS I'm using.

Code:
p { text-indent: 4en;
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
}
(I've tried different indents, using both "em" and "en". Same result.)

Odder still, I cannot even *find* the css for paragraph indenting in the new epub, yet it works.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Equine Starliner - computerneek.epub (53.4 KB, 25 views)
Keybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #7613
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Keybounce - To the best of my knowledge, en is not a valid unit for CSS sizes, but em is.

I put this in personal.ini using Calibre 3.48 (win10 portable):
Code:
[epub]
# note the leading spaces--those are important
add_to_output_css:
 p { text-indent: 4em;
 margin-top: 0;
 margin-bottom: 0;
 }
And got an epub that displayed indented paragraphs without extra spacing, as expected.

The epub you attached shows indented paragraphs without extra spacing for me in Calibre view in both Cal6 and 3.48--again, on win10.

It seems extremely unlikely to me to be a win vs mac thing, but if other mac users see it, I'll look into that more.

I think I'd have to see your personal.ini settings to offer any much further help.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #7614
Keybounce
Enthusiast
Keybounce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle (various)
oh come on.

*Every* book I tested was giving me this, right?

So I tossed a small one on that message, to avoid over-loading the attachment.

You're right, that one is working fine. And that one has "em" for the indentation.

Code:
p { text-indent: 2em;
Checking others shows that the change occurred on a specific date -- anything newer than that date has the problem, anything older does NOT.

... and conversion uses "em" in the converted mobi. (found it in .calibre1), which explains why it was working on the kindles.

sigh. For what it's worth, here's my personal.ini, and I'm changing that indent from en to em.

I remember making that change because the font width of characters can vary, and I wanted a given number of average letters regardless of display font. It never occurred to me that "en" and "em" were not equally valid, given that I see both in the css's on webpages when I inspect source in firefox or chrome.

(in fact, can I toss an ebook at my browser? ... nope, unless it's book.html from old format kindle mobi unpack, and even then it doesn't indent --
Code:
<p height="0pt" width="5em" align="left">
doesn't actually indent 5em on the browser. It does on the kindle (just did a fresh send to device to make sure I'm not testing the wrong version.)

Oh -- .ini is not a supported upload attachment type. :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt personal.txt (4.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Keybounce; 10-18-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Keybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:04 PM   #7615
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

This honestly isn't anything to do with FFF itself.

en isn't in the list of permitted CSS units and, empirically, it doesn't work.

You've already found the answer: Use em or some other valid unit.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #7616
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I removed the url from the title page of a fic deleted from the website. However, 'search inside ebooks' is still finding a URL when I use update. What did I miss?
Old 10-18-2022, 11:28 PM   #7617
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I removed the url from the title page of a fic deleted from the website. However, 'search inside ebooks' is still finding a URL when I use update. What did I miss?
Did you search for it using an epub editor?

Obviously, it's in the metadata as well as the title page, the log page (both depending on settings); it's not hugely uncommon for authors to include story URLs (for the same, or other, stories), etc, etc.

'Search inside ebooks' only applies if you invoke update on a book. I'm sure you've seen the don't do mass updates FAQ...

But if you insist, it's probably easier to set the identifier:url in Calibre to something that's not a valid story URL. Then 'search inside ebooks' won't be invoked--it found a URL.

Or, you know, turn it off.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:42 PM   #7618
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That did it. I found two URLs in the OPF and one in the chapter.

No mass updates here; I was testing whether I could safely remove all traces of a story URL (both in-ePub and in the longtext column) so it wouldn't keep re-appearing in identifiers if I wanted to do a metadata update from column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-19-2022 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:26 AM   #7619
applegaa
Enthusiast
applegaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've found a few of stories that are showing as Hiatus on RoyalRoad or ScribbleHub but are still listed as In-Progress in Calibre after being checked for updates. Investigating, I discovered that if a story status is changed without a chapter being added then FanFicFare won't update the Status in Calibre. I tried updating from saved metadata, but that isn't updated either without a chapter being added. It does change if I use the option to update metadata from the web site, but I don't want to have to do that.

Is it possible to get status changes to be recognized as legitimate updates on their own?

- Andrew
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:36 AM   #7620
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by applegaa View Post
I've found a few of stories that are showing as Hiatus on RoyalRoad or ScribbleHub but are still listed as In-Progress in Calibre after being checked for updates. Investigating, I discovered that if a story status is changed without a chapter being added then FanFicFare won't update the Status in Calibre. I tried updating from saved metadata, but that isn't updated either without a chapter being added. It does change if I use the option to update metadata from the web site, but I don't want to have to do that.

Is it possible to get status changes to be recognized as legitimate updates on their own?

- Andrew
Update if New Chapters checks for updates by comparing the number of chapters. You can use Update ePub always, which will also update the title page.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-19-2022 at 02:43 AM.

Tags
fanfiction