Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
fabianmoreno01
fabianmoreno01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Inserting page breaks before headings

EDIT: I might have posted in the wrong section, so I reposted under "Calibre > Editor" and your help is welcomed there! Link is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...44#post4191044

Hello!

I'm reading a book which is mostly short-form poetry and I'd like each poem to start on a new page. (I'm on a Kobo Aura One with Calibre 3.48 as my Mac is running on High Sierra.)

I've tried adding the following piece of code:

Code:
page-break-before: always;
at the following position:

Code:
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
	page-break-before: always;
	font-weight: normal;
	font-style: normal;
	text-align: left;
	page-break-after: avoid;
}
I'm not getting any change when I load the ebook back on the Kobo. Is it a coding problem or an upload issue? (Also, I'd probably need it only for h4-5-6 or something like that, though I'm not sure how to know exactly.)

Thank you!

Last edited by fabianmoreno01; 01-19-2022 at 04:23 PM.
fabianmoreno01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:22 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps not the answer you want but the sure fire way of ensuring a page break is to put each thing in its own file; chapter, poem, etc.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2022, 06:48 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Page breaks do not work in KePub. Page breaks work in ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:13 PM   #4
fabianmoreno01
fabianmoreno01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks @JSWolf, I read that and it is absolutely key!
fabianmoreno01 is offline   Reply With Quote